3|Release (SMUT)

(vote please)

(vote please)

His scowl is tense, his blue eyes stormy, and his jawline clenched. He's wearing a dark tee and black jeans, his biceps practically bulging underneath the short sleeves. He's generally sharp and refined as it is, but ever since his 14 year old son was arrested for murder, his demeanor, understandably, has become much more harsh.

He moves his head and you quickly cast your eyes back down onto the dining table, placing your hands together. "Andy," your father reaches over to pat his shoulder, looking just as stressed. "We're going to do whatever we can to help you. Jacob will get out of there. Okay?" Andy doesn't even look at him- instead, he's looking towards the window with the troubled expression that's become his norm, as if Jacob will come strolling up the path. As if his wife will pull up in the driveway again even though everyone knows she's most likely staying at her sister's for quite some time. The strain has been too much for her, and Andy has changed entirely. These days, he seems almost... dangerous. You can see it in his eyes- he's getting desperate. He'll do anything to get his son in the clear, whether he committed the crime or not.

"Do you want more?" you offer to break the awkward silence, lifting up the container of pasta you and your father had brought over to his house. Andy looks to you, shaking his head and clearing his throat. "No. Thank you though, Y/N. You made it, didn't you? It tasted good." You give him a smile, happy to hear the compliment. Anything you can do to make your neighbor's mood better. You've known Andy and his family since you were a teenager, and now as a 23 year old, you want to return all the support and thoughtfulness he's given you. "Thanks. I'm glad you like it." You stand up, cocking your head. "If you're all done then, how about I help clean up?"

Your father nods with a smile. "That's a good idea, sweetheart." He glances down at his watch and sighs. "I've got to meet with my boss at the office in twenty minutes, I should probably head out now. You stay and help Andy, alright?" You nod and he leans down to kiss your cheek. "Thanks, Y/N. I'll see you back home later." He gives Andy a somewhat sad smile, a sigh escaping his lips. "Please, buddy. Hang in there. We're going to figure this out, I promise." Andy barely nods, giving the man a brief thanks and a hug goodbye.
He leaves the house and you barely bite your lip, but start bringing empty dishes to the sink to rinse them off. "Do you have enough food?" you ask, turning your head over your shoulder to look at him. "I have some free time this weekend, I'd be happy to make you some more..."

He's quiet for a few moments before he steps closer to you. "I don't need food, Y/N." He mutters, running his fingers through his brown hair, his features filled with nothing but tension. "I don't need food, I don't need sympathy– you know, I don't even need my wife." You're about to wash the dishes but you sense a whole new level of gravity to this conversation, and so you slowly turn around to face him. "I... Are you two getting divorced, then? I thought you were just taking some time apart... you know, temporarily." Andy and Laurie had always seemed like such an amazing couple to you, especially considering your own parents were divorced. Their love for Jacob was immense, and they always looked so happy to you as a whole. You supposed experiencing such a traumatic incident could change that.