45- The Parting of Ways

"Darling, what do you mean?" As he held you in his arms, your father asked. "What exactly happened."

"Harry came back from the tournament and he showed up with..body Cedric's and then said that You-know-who is back."

"Oh darling I'm sorry. "I had no idea." he said holding you tighter. "I was afraid something like this would-is Harry alright?"

"Well I doubt it....speaking of Harry, where is he?" You expected to see Harry as you peered around the room, but he was nowhere to be found. "Is Harry here yet, Dad? Dumbledore had told me to come to his office, and when I turned around, he was gone. I expected him to be here by now."

"No, he didn't show up. I assumed he would come with you, but when you arrived, I assumed he had gone to the hospital wing."

"No...he was suppose to be brought here"

"I'll go get Dumbledore," he said as he ascended the stairwell.

"Are you insane? You'll be apprehended by the Minister of Magic. No, you're not leaving."

"But what if Harry is in danger?"

"I'll go, you stay."

"No. If something horrible happens, I'll go while you stay. I'm ready for it."

"I'm not going to lose you, okay?" You almost yanked his arm back when you grasped his arm. "I'm not going to take the chance of losing you as well. Today I lost a friend, but I'm not losing my father. So sit down and stop being so stubborn; I'll go look for Harry."                                                       
Sirius didn't waste any time after that in attempting to leave. Instead, he went and sat down as you were getting ready to go. However, Dumbledore and Harry rushed inside before you had a chance. He rushed over to you and hugged you tightly. He was in a state of shock. "Where were you! What happened?"

He slowed down and said, "Moody...he was..."

"Harry, are you all right? I knew it- I knew something like this- what happened?" Your father asked as he assisted Harry into the chair. "What happened?" He asked again, this time with a greater sense of urgency.

You sat next to Harry while Dumbledore explained everything to Sirius. He was visibly exhausted as he rested his head against your shoulder. You, too, leaned against his head, a tear slipping down your face every now and again. It was also evident that you both wanted the day to end, that you both wanted to sit there for hours, undisturbed, until you both fell asleep. A soft rush of wings was felt, Fawkes had left his porch and landed in front of both you and Harry.

"Lo Fawkes," Harry quietly said as he stroked his feathers.

"I need to know what happened after you touched the Portkey in the maze, Harry," Dumbledore said, breaking the silence.

"We can leave this til morning, can't we, Dumbledore." Your dad said harshly, putting his hands on both you and Harry's shoulders. "Let them have a sleep. Let them rest."

"If I thought I could help you," Dumbledore gently said, "by putting you into an enchanted sleep and allowing you to postpone the moment when you would have to think about what has happened tonight, I would do it. But I know better. Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it. You have shown bravery beyond anything I could have expected of you. I ask you to demonstrate your courage one more time. I ask you to tell us what happened."

Harry ultimately opened up, despite his initial resistance to doing so. When it was mentioned how Cedric died and the message he left Harry, a few tears welled up in your eyes. Your father would squeeze both your and Harry's shoulders every now and then to remind you both that he was there for you. When the topic of the wands came up, you couldn't help but wonder why you could sense when Harry was in danger. You started speaking after Harry had ceased talking.