THREE

"Well, you're gonna have a pretty nasty scar on your arm

"Well, you're gonna have a pretty nasty scar on your arm." Luna sighed, sitting up straight. "But there, you're all healed up." Carl craned his neck to look at his arm, seeing a large, jagged scar going down towards his elbow.

"Seriously Luna, thank you for this." He said, and she waved her hand dismissively as she gathered her things. "I can't tell you how nice it is to know there's still good people out there." She chuckled.

"Oh please." She shook her head lightly. "All I did was make sure you didn't die. I'm not that good."

"You saved me." He affirmed. "That's good enough for me." She rolled her eyes lightly.

"So, what are you gonna do now?" She asked. "Back to the prison, I assume?"

"Of course." He nodded, following her outside as she went to go burn anything with blood on it. "I have to know."

"Well I don't even know where you could find it." She said, flicking the lit match into the fire pit before turning to look at him. "I've been here for years, scouting the area, never once have I come across a prison."

"Well it has to be somewhat close." He said. "I walked here, didn't I? Injured, and being followed by walkers. Can't be too far." She thought for a moment.

"Well I'm not just gonna let you wander off blindly." She crossed her arms. "There's a town, bout ten miles South. Maybe the police station could have some kind of map or something? Anything that would tell us where it is."

"Yeah, that's a good idea." He nodded, before pausing. "Wait, did you say us?"

"I've wanted to clear that building forever, just never had the guts to do it alone." She nodded. "Now, I'm not alone. We'll head out tomorrow."

——————————

"Woah, you can drive?" Carl's eyes went wide as Luna pulled the old tarp off of her car. She'd found it years ago when she was in town, and decided to keep it-just in case. She rarely used it, but would occasionally go out for drives if she really had nothing else to do.

"Taught myself how to a while back, yeah." She nodded. "Don't tell me you can't?"

"My dad never let me." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'll teach you on the way back." She nodded as they got in. "It's not too hard, kinda like driving a golf cart."

"Oh, yeah that's easy." He nodded. Soon, they were out on the road. There was nothing to look at but trees, and the occasional glimpse of the lake, so Carl had taken to cleaning his gun. Luna had finally given it back to him, feeling that she could trust him enough now. About 15 minutes later, Luna stopped the car in front of the police station.

"I've cleared out pretty much everywhere else around here." She said as they got out of the car. "The businesses, at least. Wasn't much left, honestly. But every time I came up here, all I could hear was the dead so I never bothered to go inside and get myself killed."