XVII. GIVE ME MY SIN AGAIN

My fingers played with the short, dampened dark blonde strands of hair at the nape of Klaus's neck, heat from the fireplace beside us sinking into my skin, his cheek resting against my thigh. And for a moment, I got to bask in it all, though I knew I couldn't stay.

"I have to go." I told him, dazed as if I were waking up from a dream. It had almost felt like one.

Klaus lifted his head to look up at me, his eyes clouding dark. "I think that's up to me, love." He said, before pressing an open mouthed kiss to the inside of my thigh.

A gasp escaped me, blood idly passing through my femoral artery where he kissed, still kisses. I opened my mouth to speak, unsure of what I even wanted to say. "Klaus, I have - " My voice faltered, soft and breathless when he hitched my legs over his shoulders, yielding between my thighs.

The sensation became too much for me, triggering my fangs to come out, along with this intense feeling - something better than blood. I fell apart, gasping his name as he kept on, his hands moving to trace along my hips, my thighs, before his fingers intertwined with my own.

___________________________

Cool air nipped at my bare legs as I ran down a trail in the woods, music blasting through my earbuds loud enough to erase any and all background noise, giving me a momentary escape from reality. But, it didn't stop from reality catching up to me. My phone was constantly buzzing with texts and calls. Elena. Stefan. Even Caroline texted me once.

And I had let each and every text pile in my messages, let every call go to voicemail, because I didn't want to talk. It wasn't that I couldn't, wasn't necessarily about facing the guilt, and all of the people that I'd hurt.

It was their judgement. In that way, I think that I actually understood Damon. I knew that the girl that everyone wanted me to be was long gone, and she wasn't coming back, and I was so tired of everyone trying to morph me back into her. It wasn't going to happen, and that hurt me more than anyone else, but there was nothing I could do, felt like there was nothing that I could do.

Maybe I was just angry. Maybe my emotions were all misplaced and out of wack. I didn't exactly know, all I knew was that I mostly felt numb, hollow, like all of the best parts of me were missing, gone away with the people that I loved. But, I also didn't want to be around any of them. It was confusing.

There was a breeze that blew a few strands of my hair, carrying along a strong, hot and nauseating scent along with it. I slowed and stopped, tugging out my earbuds, and I knew who was behind me before I turned ; knew from the way my mouth watered at the scent of his blood.

"Stalking me now, Stef?" I asked, turning around and when I saw him I wanted nothing more than to plunge my fangs into his neck and drown in him.

"Had to," he replied, and my gaze fell to his lips, distracted as he spoke. Stefan took a step towards me, and I wanted to tear right into him, to feel him in my bones. "seeing as you won't answer anyone's calls."

I didn't know what had stirred up the hunger inside of me, never had felt it this bad before. I thought maybe it was from all of the feeding, the gorging on blood that had upset my stomach, and made it incredibly difficult to control my cravings, but it wasn't just human blood that I wanted. There was more.

Blood is sex, Damon had once told me. And sex is blood. Leave it to Damon Salvatore, I thought, to clue me in on vamp-sex-ed, far before I even turned.