05| roller skates.

When I woke up, my head was spinning incredibly fast, like it was going to explode any second. I tried to close my eyes, throwing the covers over my head but couldn't help but moan as the feeling got worse and worse. It was as if there was something - as if there was someone in my head and the person was spreading more and more with every passing second.

I decided to get up, holding onto the edge of the bed as the dizziness wasn't over. I went over to my kitchen and I noticed that this house was so big and unknown, but wasn't it my house?

The kitchen was green and I found everything I was looking for, plates, glasses, knives, spoons and my fridge was filled with everything I wanted. I decided to make pancakes and turned on the radio. The 70s hits were on and I danced while stirring the dough until it suddenly rang.

I walked quickly to the door and looked in the mirror in the hallway. My face looked fresh and I looked well rested, even though I wasn't. My hair fell curly over my shoulders and my lips looked red. I smiled when the doorbell rang again and I remembered who it was.

I went straight to the door and opened it, and what I saw surprised me. James had taken off his soldier's uniform and was now wearing his hair a little longer, although we only saw each other yesterday. In his hand he had a bouquet full of brightly colored roses and a smile on his face.

"James, how did your hair grow that long in one day?"

"That's the first thing you're asking me my dear?"

He came in and pressed the roses into my hand when I noticed that he was holding a bag behind him.

"What's in there?"

He grinned and made a quick twist when I tried to look inside the bag.

"Not yet, it's a surprise."

He kissed my forehead and looked deep into my eyes, then at my lips and waited as if asking permission. I grabbed his neck and pressed him closer to me and kissed him myself, which he then replied passionately.

"Happy birthday by the way" he mumbled and I widened my eyes.

"How did you know-- I didn't tell you that, did I?

"Wanda told me on my way here, she knows it from Agatha and you know, she's one of those women that know everything."

We were still very close when he grabbed my hand and kissed my fingers one by one, which made my stomach tingle.

"Is that pancake dough  on your fingers?"

I grinned and then fell into laughter, to which he replied. I pointed to my kitchen and he went over to it, he didn't let go of my hand while doing this.

I went back to the kitchen too and made the pancakes while James sat in the chair and watched. I turned up the radio and hummed to the Dancing Queen as I added the remaining dough to the pan when I felt a hand around my waist and my neck being kissed.

"James!"

I accidentally dropped the dough and it spread all over the floor whereupon I patted James on the shoulder.

"You can clean this mess up now, that's your fault!"

I looked at him very seriously and pointed to the sink, but he didn't look away from me. We stayed like that for a few seconds until he started laughing out loud.

"I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously with the pancake dough in your face, you look adorable."

He kissed me on the nose and I pointed to the sink again. "Clean it up now James!"

"Aye aye Captain"

He let go of me and then cleaned the floor while I put the orange juice on the table and prepared the rest of our breakfast as well.

We sat down at the table and had breakfast when I noticed the bag on the edge of the chair leg.

"So what is in there now?"

He signaled me to wait while he was still chewing the pancakes and I waited patiently. "What we're going to do today is in there, wanna see?"

I nodded and he then grabbed the bag until I saw what was inside.

Roller skates.

A/N: I need to clear a few things up: first of all: I know they're moving really fast but that's due to Wanda's manipulation!! James and Y/n are the cute young couple of her sitcom lmao!! Also, enjoy James being James, once he is Bucky again he will be more true to his character <3