Nineteen

hey guys i'm having exams soon, so sorry if i don't update for one or two weeks :)
im actually studying right now but wrote a chapter for you guys just to say this coz it'll be rude if i disappear without saying anything lmaooo

hey guys i'm having exams soon, so sorry if i don't update for one or two weeks :)im actually studying right now but wrote a chapter for you guys just to say this coz it'll be rude if i disappear without saying anything lmaooo

"okay, what happened?" yeji who was sitting on the couch asked as soon as the youngest walked in.

"nothing, what do you mean?" yuna denied defensively which earned a sigh from the oldest. "really? cause your face says otherwise," lia who was sprawled on the other side of the couch retorted.

yuna shook her head aggressively, "nothing happened, i swear!!" she exclaimed, waving her hands in front of her in an attempt to deny once more.

"leave the girl be, guys. she obviously found true love or some shit." ryujin continued as she walked out of the kitchen, munching on a protein bar.

"i didn't!!" yuna exclaimed, though that smile never left her face. "you're honestly.... a terrible liar." continued chaeryeong who suddenly popped up behind yuna, making her flinch in shock.

"fine, fine, okay!! but is that literally the first thing you ask me when you haven't seen me for nearly three weeks?" yuna sighed in disappointment.

"i expected more from you guys.."

yeji laughed as she approached the youngest, "come on, you should see your own face. you smile so bright that the sun would lose it's job!" she exclaimed.

"actually—"

"don't even bother." yeji interrupted before yuna could ramble about some weird science fact, making her pout, "rude."

"anyways, to celebrate your return," ryujin changed the subject. "and to celebrate you getting a boyfriend," she continued. "let's eat! i made dinner!" she continued, gesturing at the table filled with food.

yuna's face lit up like never before as she clapped her hands like an excited seal, "let's eat, bitches!" she yelled rushing to sit down and take her portion.

"eat slowly, shin yuna!" lia scolded as yuna was stuffing her face with food. "oops, sorry!" yuna answered, still with her mouth full. "and don't eat with your mouth full, geez. i almost lost my appetite." chaeryeong rolled her eyes before beginning to dig in herself.

"i told you," yeji placed her hand on the youngest's shoulder. "you're too excited. what are you so happy about, hm?" yeji asked.

"don't be silly, eonni. we all know she probably got asked out and is now secretly dating huening kai, to which she will stab any who snitches on her." ryujin said before taking another spoonful of rice.

"w-well.. he haven't actually asked me to be his girlfriend yet..." yuna mumbled subconsciously, making her own eyes widen as she realized what she just said.

that's right. they're not official.

smacking the table a little, chaeryeong stood up from her chair as she leaned towards yuna, "he what now?" she asked in disbelief. yuna silently nodded at that with a slight grin.

"it's okay!! he's probably not ready. besides, we got married isn't over yet!" yuna tried to say optimistically but failed.

the rest of the members gave her sympathetic nods before they ate in silence, yeji trying to fuel a conversation every now and then but only received short responses from the youngest.

yep, yuna's mood instantly dropped.

.

"fucking idiot." yeonjun smacked kai's shoulder.

"i forgot, okay! we were caught in the heat of the moment that i forgot to drop the bomb!" he explained. soobin let out a frustrated sigh then a small laugh that means 'how ridiculous'

beomgyu shook his head in disappointment, "leave him be, he's literally hopeless. no love experience whatsoever." he rolled his eyes as he placed his hand on kai's shoulder.

"i don't know if i should be guilty or offended." he stated nonchalantly as he took a piece of chip from beomgyu's chip bag, making the said male growl in offense, protecting his precious chips.

"both, dumbass." came taehyun as he answered kai's rhetorical question.

the said boy slumped down to the couch and looked at kai with a bored expression, "how the fuck—"

"i know, i know! it's my fault!" he groaned in frustration. "now please, i told you guys what happened, would you please allow me to sleep now?" he asked. "my legs, eyes, back, arms, and practically every inch of my body is failing me! if i don't sleep now, i will collapse." he says as he closed his eyes shut.

"that would be too much work for us having to drag your sleepy ass to your room. fine whatever, go ahead." soobin sighed as he, too, entered his room.

kai dropped down on the bed, his eyes threatening to close. he looked at the bright ceiling light which he is too lazy to turn off with squinted eyes as he remembered that the next wgm shoot would be in three days.

this is when kai comprehended the situation and knew he fucked up.

we got married isn't over, he's already fallen head over heels on the female, and he didn't ask her out yet. kai could only imagine how awkward things would be. after all, she'd probably realize that too by then.

in an instant, all traces of his previous tiredness and sleepiness were washed away as he reached for his phone, clicking on the girl's contact name, hesitating to send a message.

hey did you get home safe |
hey did yo |
he |
|

12am was the time written down on his phone's clock. "it's too late, anyway. she's probably asleep." he sighed, tossing his phone away and laying back down again, this time turning off the lights as he did.

"geez, what a day.." were the last words kai mumbled before sleep overtook him and swallowed him to the subconscious.

—end of chapter eighteen
update on the upcoming
yeonji book: great and im
so excited to publish it bye