🔹Four🔹

Zuko woke up sweating, his temple aching and his hands shaking. With his breath staggering and his chest heaving, he placed a quivering hand on his bare chest, feeling his heart pounding against his ribs. He closed his eyes and tried to relax.

If the nightmares he had been having were always the same, he would have adapted, but they weren't.

This time it had been utterly gruesome. He had watched as his own hands shot fire at his chained sister, uncontrollable laughter emerging from the depths of his body, merging with Azula's screams. He burnt her to the ground, his body out of control, not even listening to his own pleas, and tries to escape. He had turned and looked into a mirror where his body had molded into his fathers, a ghost of a smile on his face.

Zuko stood up, snatching his bathrobe, he walked out into the royal gardens.

He walked barefoot and felt the moist grass beneath his toes, the midnight air bringing the smell of dew and fresh soil to him, calming his speeding heart. He walked in the monumental gardens, savoring the quiet and calm.

"Oh hey, Zuzu!"

His sister's voice made him jump.

"Azula!" He exclaimed, looking at his sister's moonlit figure. She wore a crimson silk robe with red lace on its corners. Curiously, she was also barefoot.

"Did I wake you up ?" Zuko asked humbly.

Azula snorted and succumbed to silence.

It had been more than a week since she had been brought to the palace. She had been abnormally quiet, although she did reply sarcastically when one talked to her.

Zuko had noticed the faraway looks she had worn a lot of times.

But other than that, she was in the shadows.

"Well," Zuko began," If I didn't wake you up, what did ?"

A very dark look came over Azula's face, she quickly regained her posture.

"Oh you know, the usual." She exclaimed lazily.

Zuko had a feeling she was lying but he kept his suspicions to himself. However, his face must have betrayed some emotion of disbelief as Azula laughed and said," What? thought I was trying to escape?"

Zuko flushed, only because he hadn't thought of that idea.

"No." He replied a little too quickly.

"Even if I were, where would I go, Zuzu?"Azula said, her voice almost sad." I've got nowhere to call home."

"This is home, Azula, "Zuko replied, gazing at his sister, who stared at the ground.

"Yes but it's YOUR home." She snapped, apparently coming out of her daze.

For a moment the pair just stood there, barefoot in the alluring estate grounds, letting the placid, cool breeze of the night calm down their nightmare memories. The fragrance of lilies and daffodils, roses, and tulips soothed the pain inside them.

Abruptly Azulas head snapped towards Zuko, he looked up, she opened her mouth to say something but before she could utter a sound, Zuko saw her eyes widen, her hand darts forward, blue fire raging in them. A cry echoed out of her mouth "Duck!" and Zuko obliged, allowing Azula to punch fire at the shadow behind Zuko.

The mysterious figure crumpled, a glint of silver shone as the dagger, that was to be used to slay the Firelord, fell on the ground, catching the moonlight as it tumbled on the grass.

Familiar voices rose from the castle, some screams some shouts. Bodies birthed out of the shadows and surrounded the siblings.

With immense agility, Azula shot her trademark blue fire at one body and Zuko punched at another. In a rhythm, the fight began. The fire traveled in the atmosphere, daggers sliced the air, blood sputtered on the freshly trimmed grass.

Azula jumped on Zuko's back, launching herself in the air, Kicking fire through her feet at the attackers. ( Her shoes had never been more glad to be left behind.)

Zuko ducked and missed one of the daggers as he punched the assassin aiming a sword at him, burning the black cloth on his stomach.

With their breaths synchronized, the siblings fought the invaders.

Their surprising adaptation to the slightest changes in the fight, their alliance, and consistent valor astonishingly beautiful.

They worked like two dao blades, slicing their opponent's attacks, creating balance in their fight.

YIN AND YANG

After overpowering their foes, the duo ran inside the cynically quiet castle, they ran together, deflecting pointless throws of daggers as the criminals ran behind them.

"Zuko!"

Ursa's frightened voice called.

There stood the royal family, masked figures surrounding them and pointing their weapons on their throats.

Tears streaked Kiyi's cheeks as her terrified eyes fixed on the silver at her throat and then up at her brother.

"Zuzu." She whispered.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

:3