Chapter 36

Romance ahead!!

Ashiya's PoV:

I felt his index finger under my chin lifting my face to make me look at him. I couldn't. It was too much for my poor heart. I closed my eyes due to the heat I felt from his gaze but nothing helped.

"Look at me," his husky voice numbed my senses and I took a deep breath. His fragrance hit me hard. "Open your eyes, Ashiya. Let me see what you're hiding in them," his soft voice sounded like a command which I ended up obeying.

As soon as our eyes met, my legs felt like jellies. My breath quickened and I bit my lip to suppress a gasp. His eyes followed my movement and now they were fixed on my lips. He stared at them as if contemplating. He lowered his face and when his lips were only an inch above mine, I turned around.

I held the dressing table for support and panted hard for breath. Ya Allah! What is it that I'm feeling? Just when my breathing got a little normal, I realised something.

Now that the dupatta was taken off from my head, it left my back uncovered too with only the backless blouse that I was wearing. My eyes traveled to the mirror and saw him now looking at my back, his eyes unreadable. He looked up and met my gaze as I gulped. His hands reached my shoulders and in the next second, the dupatta was completely off my body.

My mind went numb as I registered the situation I was in. In a room with a man who was only inches away from me, I stood with my cleavage almost exposed to him, looking like a panting mess. I gripped the table harder as I felt I was going to faint.

Through the mirror I could see him noticing every moment of mine, my shallow breathing, my heaving chest and the look of self control I had on my face. I saw him stepping closer and closer until I felt his breath on my neck. He placed his hands on my bare waist and I jumped. His hands felt so...strong and masculine. I felt goosebumps at the foreign touch and shut my eyes close. His hands travelled north and grazed my scapula, teasing and tempting me. I felt his breath on my ear and he too was breathing hard. His hands reached the hook of my blouse and my breath hitched. This is going too fast. I need to stop him. I need to stop myself. I'm still not ready for this. I need time. A little more.

"Ahan," I managed to let out a whimper and he leaned his head closer to mine. "Please..." I didn't know what I was begging for but he seemed to have understood so he withdrew his hands from body. I opened my eyes and saw his jaw clenched. Did I anger him? He picked up my dupatta from the floor and covered my body. Then, he stepped closer, kissed my hair and stepped back.
"Change your clothes in the bathroom," he said and left the room.

.

.

.

Standing in front of the bathroom mirror, I looked at my flushed cheeks. My skin could still feel the heat from his touch and goosebumps rose as I thought about what just happened outside. Why did he go out all of a sudden? And why did he look so outraged?

I took off all the jwellery, changed into my grey PJs and a loose navy blue t-shirt and pulled my hair into a messy bun. Then I wiped off all my makeup and applied some serum on my face. But I still didn't know how I was going to face him after what happened between us. What must he be thinking of me? I stayed in the bathroom for a little longer until I realised that I was being stupid. So I gathered all my stuff and exited, trying to relax myself all the while.

Ahan was sitting on the bed with his head in the head rest. He was wearing black tshirt and black joggers and his eyes were closed. This was the first time I was seeing him in a casual attire and I liked it. He looked so relaxed which apparently he was not. I guess he felt my gaze on him for too long so he opened his eyes and fixed them on me.

Ahan's PoV:

I knew she was confused and I blamed myself for that. She must be thinking what kind of a horny beast I am to have launched myself on her without her consent. I felt like pulling all of my hair out in frustration. She stumbled a little when my eyes met hers and hurried towards the cupboard to keep her stuff. I could see her standing there even after she was done, probably too scared to share the bed with me after the incident.

But she turned around nonetheless and took slow steps towards the bed. She was wearing grey pants and blue tshirt, which looked too big for her small size. Her hair was pulled into a bun leaving her long neck to do the job of making me restless. Her eyes were cast down, devoid of any makeup that made her look even younger.

She took a seat at the edge of the bed and fixed some of her hair strands behind her right ear. She then lifted her eyelashes and spoke, "I'm sorry."
I frowned, taken aback by her words.

"Why are you sorry?" I thought she would be angry or scared but this was completely out of the blue.

"I denied you earlier...when you were...," She looked away, out of embarassment, I guess. "I was just a little scared since this is so new for me. I've never been touched by a man ever since I can remember which is why I reacted that way...You can do it if you want I will try to be more--"

"No, Ashiya," I spoke, loud and clear which surprised her.

"Please don't be angry. I promise I'll learn everything," she said in a guilty tone.

"Fuck! Ashiya please don't be sorry. It was not your fault. Didn't I tell you that you can take your time to get comfortable with me? Then why are you feeling guilty about this? In fact it is I who should be apologising to you for being so inconsiderate," I was now looking at her, desperately trying to make her understand my point. She looked more confused.

"But you seemed to be angry at me...the way you left so abruptly..." Her eyes searched mine innocently which made me want to pull her and show her exactly what I had been feeling back there. I clenched my jaws to control those feelings. "See, you are angry again."

"I'm not angry, Ashiya." I tried to say in a calm manner but my voice betrayed me.

"Then why are you clenching your jaw?" Does her innocence have any limit? How am I supposed to make her understand what I was feeling without scaring her?

"Come here," I said quietly, "sit by my side. Here," I gave her my hand and she took it. She was now sitting beside me as I looked at her face that radiated purity.
"I'm not angry at you, Ashiya, please understand this. I left the room because I was angry at myself for taking advantage of you. You're too innocent and you need your time. I should be more careful. I clenched my jaw because...I was trying to control the urge to...," I waited for her to take the clue but she just stared at me and I sighed in defeat. "I was trying to control the urge to get physically closer to you."

"Oh," she blinked after registering my words in her mind and looked down. Her cheeks began to flush.

"You're too innocent for your own good, do you know that?" I smiled and she looked up.

"I'm not innocent," she said, offended and I raised my eyebrows.

"O yeah? Tell me if you have done any not-so-innocent stuff in life," I challenged her. She looked up thoughtfully for a while before something came in her mind.

"I've watched Fifty Shades of Grey," she answered, pride visible on her face and I lost it. I burst out laughing, throwing my head back and she seemed bewildered at my reaction which made me laugh harder. Ya Allah! Is she even real? Fifty Shades of Grey? I thought she'd say something like she has snuck out of her house at night, or smoked cigarettes. But this? My wife is hilarious. I now had tears in my eyes from all the fits of laughter and I looked at her. She was frowning like a kid, looking adorable as hell. "What's so funny?" She folded her arms over her chest, "I've watched all the three parts of that movie, Christian and Ana have a baby towards the end."

"Really? I hope you have learnt some stuff from those movies. We might need your skills in future, you know," I smirked and as soon she understood what I meant, she picked up a heavy pillow from the bed and threw it on my handsome face.