Chapter 4

When the meeting ended I became busy preparing everything for the visitors from Nauloria Empire. Since they will be arriving in five days.

There were a lot of documents that I needed to print so I went to the printing room. When I was walking through the hallway I heard a familiar voice.

"My mentors told me that there will be a chance that I will be ranked top 10 amongst the male werewolves." Damien was talking to Alpha Frank about evaluation. I zoned out what Alpha Frank had to say.

Oh merde.

My heart started to beat faster so I stopped in the hallway. I completely forgot about Damien's return.

I'm glad that I wasn't visible to them or else I don't think I would be able to control facial expression. However, I will be visible since I would need to pass the staircase.

I calmed myself and repositioned my papers and tried to pass the staircase.Unfortunately, Alpha Frank spotted me.

"Evelyn, I'm glad that you are here. " Alpha Frank gesturing to come to join the conversation.

Now I didn't have a choice but to face Damien so I put on my fake smile. I looked at Damien's eyes and he didn't expect me to be here.

The expression is worth seeing.

"As you know Damien just came back from his training and I need your help to introduce him to his duties." Alpha Frank reminded me.

"Oh? Welcome back, Damien!" I greeted him as politely as I could he was more put off of my actions. He could only stay silent and try to calm his wolf.

Then I turned to Alpha Frank.

"Unfortunately, there is still work needed to be done and email to be answered but I managed to prepare a summary of his duties and I sent it to his assigned email." I excused myself since I didn't want the conversation to become more awkward.

"I'm afraid I would need your favor again, Evelyn." Alpha Frank said.

I guess an attempt to excuse myself didn't work so I helplessly listened to my Alpha's next words.

"As you know not only we have visit delegation from the Pacific Ocean but also representatives from East Water Wolves pack will be visiting us."

It seems the Silver Forest pack will be packed with guests.

The more different representatives visit the pack, the more Silver Forest pack will be able to build connections. Thus, the Silver Forest pack will able to get more influence.

"Therefore, Damien needs to be prepared for those events since you are more familiar with fashion and etiquette. Can you please help him to buy suits for the events?" Alpha Frank asked and my eyes widened.

Look like Moon Goddess is not in my favor today.

I finally managed to excuse myself when we agreed on time I will be able to help Damien.

When I finally entered the printing room I wanted to curse so badly but I just held in.

Although Damien rejected me as his destined mate, I could still feel the bond and I could still get affected by voice, touch, and smell.

Why would Moon Goddess create soulmates when werewolves end up rejecting their soulmate anyway?

I just wish that two months would pass quickly so I could go to the Matching ball and find a more dependable partner and just leave this place.

Or maybe I can just go visit my mother and start living with my mother until I meet a siren who will want me as his mate?

I just sighed and started printing the documents.