Part 20

LAUREN'S POV
We've been driving for about 15 minutes and Y/N's hand is resting on my thigh. I know it sounds cliche but i've literally got butterflies in my stomach, i'm so nervous for this date and i don't even know why. I also have no clue where we are going because this knucklehead won't tell me.

"Are we nearly there yet?" I'm getting impatientttt.

"Lo you sound like a 5 year old" She let out a little laugh. Cute.

"I'm impatient Y/N/N." I said while pouting.

She looked away from the road for a second to look at me, she gave me a cheesy smile which made me smile in return. God she's so cute. She looked back to the road, keeping her smile plastered on her face.

"Not too long now, beautiful." She replied and my face turned a bright red at the nickname. She thinks i'm beautiful.

-
"We're here."

I looked out the window, taking in my surroundings. We were at the fair. I love fairs because i love rides and fairs have rides. Well you probably already knew that anyways.

"We're going to the fair?" I asked as i turned to look at Y/N.

"Yeah, i mean if you don't like it then we can go somewhere else, i just thought it'd be cool going here because-" She started to ramble.

"Y/N" I cut her off. She stopped talking and looked at me. "It's perfect okay? I love fairs." She let out a small sigh of relief before a smile spread across her face causing me to smile too.

"Come on then Lo, let's go." She started to laugh at what she just said. "Hey that rhymed." Oh god she's so weird. I laughed at her childishness.

"Come on, weirdo." I said while rolling my eyes playfully. She grinned in return.

"Race ya." And she took off leaving me to chase after her.

"No fair you got a head start." I shouted while running behind her.

I finally caught up to her and we were both laughing.

"I winned." She announced like it wasn't the most obvious thing in the world. Wait did she just say winned?

"Winned? I'm pretty sure it's won." I corrected her.

"Nope deffo winned." She replied with a goofy smile on her face.

"Okay whatever you say, loser."

"I'm not a loser." She fake pouted.

"Shush, let's go buy the tickets." She nodded and took my hand guiding me to where the ticket stall is.

"Before you say anything Lo, i'm paying. No if buts or maybes okay?" She said while giving me a stern look. I was going to argue back but then she gave me THE look as if to say 'i swear to god Lauren if you argue with me i will gladly throw you in that bin over there', so i decided against it.

After we got the card with all the tickets on, we started to walk over to the waltzers. The waltzers are one of my favourite rides at the fair especially when they spin extremely fast. I get nervous before i go on them though. I know it's weird right? Like i get scared going on them but when i'm on them i love it.