Two kittens and a disaster

"Ugh!" Frustrated, I ran upstairs. Everyone had been looking for half an hour, and nothing.

Looking down the long hallway, I sighed. It seemed like an endless hall of doors. Well, better start looking.

I opened the first door on the left, and to my surprise, it was a bedroom! With a girl in it!

She squealed and jumped.

"I'm so so so so so sorry! But on the bright side, you're not naked! Uh... I'm just going to go now..."

She quickly jumped off the bed. Her pastel pink hair was in pigtails, and she wore high waisted shorts with rainbow toe socks. Her shirt was of Doctor Who.

"No, no! Luna, please, I'm very sorry! Please! I-" she began.

"What?! You're sorry?! I just barged into your room!" She kept her head down, not responding. "Oh! Don't call me Luna; my name's Annabel. What's yours?"

"Butters." She didn't look up.

"Your name's Butters?"

"Well, it's my nickname. I usually go by it more than my real name."

"Well, what's your real name?"

"Sasha."

"Oh. That's cool. Uh, have you seen a kitten?"

"Uh, no?" She finally looked up with a questioning glance before realizing she looked at me and quickly looked back down. "I'm sorry, Luna."

I sighed and walked to her. I lifted her chin so her eyes would meet mine. "One: my name is Annabel. Two: we are both people. I'm not some majestic being walking among you that, if looked upon, will melt your eyes from your sockets." She giggled. "Anyways, I'm really sorry for intruding. I'm on a long quest to find a lost kitten."

"Oh! I'll help!"

"Okay. As long as you're okay with it, I don't want you to feel pressured-"

"No, no! It's fine! I want to. Jaxon has me locked in here all the time, so it's nice to get out. Wait... but what if he realizes I left? Never mind, Annabel. I think I'd better stay here."

Her sad expression broke me as she slowly sulked backwards and sat on the bed.

"Are you kidding?! He just locks you in here?!"

"Well, he doesn't lock the door, but the idea is the same."

"Come on. We are going on a journey. And we can blame it all on me." I winked at her and she giggled.

"Thanks, Annabel."

"No problem, Butters." I giggled. "I really love your name."

She laughed as we walked into the hallway. "Thanks!" I loved how sweet and energetic she was. She was like a rainbow on a terrible Monday. "What does it look like?"

"He's tiny, all black, super fluffy, and overwhelmingly adorable. Oh, and one eye is blue and the other is green."

"Okay... if I was a kitten, where would I go?" She tapped her chin as she thought. "Oh! I know!" She grabbed my hand and dragged me along as she ran, but quickly dropped it and screeched to a stop. "I'm so sorry! I just got excited, and..."

"What?"

"For grabbing you..."

"Oh, psh. It's fine! As far as I'm concerned, you're my only friend here."

She beamed at me, then proceeded to grab my hand and began running again. We eventually ended up in a game room. It had a huge television, black bean bag chairs, a leather couch, a pool table, and a ping pong table; not to mention all of the game consoles and game boards.