Chapter 24

I sat on the creaky bed in the chilly room. As I read a book, wrapped up in a huge comforter, a beautiful snowy owl swooped in with a letter.

I checked the name as I unbounded it, it was addressed to me although I didn't recognize the owl.

I've just been attacked by Dementors and I might be expelled from Hogwarts. I want to know what's going on and when I'm going to get out of here.

Harry

As I read the last line, the bird pecked my hand. I dropped the note, a drop of blood falling on the sheets.

"You wanker!" I gasped, shaking my hand to stop the stinging.

"Go on then." I tried to shoo her away.

She stared at me before leaning forward to peck me again.

"Ok, stop!" She froze right in front of my hand. "I know what you're doing but I can't say anything. You have to go."

She pecked my hand again. I groaned, grabbing my book and turning away from her. She followed me, watching me intently before pecking my hands multiple times.

Soon, my hands were covered in scratches. I slammed my book shut.

"Fine." I groaned, going to my trunk. "You win."

I pulled out a quill, some ink, and piece of parchment.

I'm sorry Harry, I'm as clueless as you. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Y/n

I tied the note to her foot and the whole time I did, she pecked me.

"I did what you wanted! Stop pecking me." I groaned, realising I was arguing with a bird. "That's the best you're going to get out of me so you might as well leave."

She hooted, diving out of the window. I shut it quickly, just in case.

I looked down at my hands, which were covered in scratches, I look like I lost a fight with a pigeon.

I went to the room Hermione and Ron were staying in.

"What the bloody hell is wrong with that owl?" I groaned, laying on Hermione's bed.

"She's Harry's." Hermione sighed, her hands also covered in scratches.

"Well, he's obviously pissed." I rolled my eyes.

"No kidding." Ron scoffed, already wrapping his fingers in bandaid.

I sighed, laying on my back and staring at the ceiling. My hands stung and I suddenly got the worrying thought.

Father didn't know I left.