11: Carried

"Since the banquet, I can't seem to forget the outstanding talent of the Chu Princess."

"What's outstanding about that? She only knows how to seduce men."

"Seduce?" In a fake way, I showed a shock expression.

"That barbaric princess is now just a pitiful commoner. Nothing compared to our pure-hearted Lady Bai." Li Cha sneered.

Suddenly we heard laughters nearby.

"Who's there?!"

One of Li Cha's maid whispered to her, "It's the Commoner, Your Highness."

When Chu Wanwan and her maids saw us, they stopped laughing and hastily saluted us. She's a commoner now, but she still has maids? This only proves her unyielding position in the palace.

"Greetings to Princess of Laoyang."

Chu Wanwan was wearing a beautiful pink hanfu. There was no difference on her clothing to a noble like me.

When Li Cha walked forward to slap her, Chu Wanwan was so shock. She stood frozen. "Ha! You don't even know the proper etiquette to greet an imperial princess?"

"Miss Chu, you should say, 'Commoner Chu Wanwan greets Princess of Laoyang." I kindly reminded her.

The female lead looked so pissed as she gritted her teeth and says, "Commoner Chu Wanwan greets Princess of Laoyang."

"Ha! So you know you're just a commoner. It's so unsightly to see the entire Rose Garden spoiled by litters."

Chu Wanwan remained motionless, disregarding the princess provocation.

"Princess, we shouldn't provoke Miss Chu. What if she tells the Fourth Prince?"  I said with a worried voice.

"What?! Why would I be afraid to a commoner? Just because Fourth Brother favors her, doesn't mean she can do anything she wants in the palace. This is Li Empire. Not Chu!"

"But what if the Fourth Prince hear that we're bullying Miss Chu, he'll get mad?" I added.

"Bullying?! How dare her act as if we're bullying her?! I'm just teaching her the proper etiquette and now she blames me?! Impudent! Gu Mama, slap her!"

Gu Mama, the lady-in-waiting of Li Cha, stepped forward to follow the princess order. Not allowing to be humiliated the second time, Chu Wanwan pushed Gu Mama away from her.

In the middle of the dispute, when Gu Mama was pushed, her body which only slightly clashed into me, made me screamed, horrified as I fall to the ground.

"My lady!"

"Lady Bai!"

Based on the novel, when Bai Suxin noticed Li Han, who was on his way to Qixiang Palace, she pretended to fall due to the female lead's carelessness.

Dressed with her usual pure white hanfu, Bai Suxin looked like a pitiful tormented rabbit on the ground. People who witnessed the scene can't help but felt that their heart ached for her and could only reprimanded Chu Wanwan in silence.

"How dare you offend the lady?!

"You damn commoner!"

I'm supposed to act as if it's Chu Wanwan's fault, making me pitifully fall to my knees. That it would appeared as if the female lead was terrorizing the eldest daughter of the Prime Minister, showing the arrogant and overbearing attitude of the prisoner princess.

But how could I be so stupid? Immersed into my fake acting, I really fell hard then twisted my ankle.

'Damn! Mother of Pearls!'

So unlucky! I groaned. Feeling the excruciating pain, my entire plain face transformed into a Shrek version. Li Cha and Jin'er panicked as they checked my condition. The worried face of the seventh princess zooming in front of my face was making me dizzy.

'Seriously, this girl.'

"Lady Bai, what to do?"

"Greetings to His Highness Nan King." The maids and eunuchs greeted the male lead.

Li Cha immediately pointed her finger, "It's the Commoner's fault! Because of her, Lady Bai is hurt!"

Enduring the throbbing pain, I looked up and met his dark eyes. My god! So scary. They were the usual deadly calm and emotionless eyes, not the hungry and predatory eyes of his that I remembered on that night.

I gulped. Focusing back, I hardly controlled my expression, "It's not her fault, Your Highness."

Making my voice sound as weak as possible, was difficult for me. Because right now, all I want was to shout at Jin'er to bring me to the physician.

'I'm dying! I'm hella in pain right now!'

I'm sure Li Han must've think that I'm just acting. He must be so disgusted to me more now. What man can tolerate a blackhearted plain women, right?

I did all my scene, so now.. Li Han should ignore me and will take Chu Wanwan with him. Leaving the poor me, looking pathetic on the ground. Then I will show a contorted jealous expression on my face. I even practiced several times earlier in the mirror. 'Perfect!'

In the novel, because of this, Bai Suxin's jealous heart worsened. It said, the villainess is wary of the fact that the infamous Nan King is protecting the female lead. At Chu Wanwan's arrival in the Li Empire, she can see that everything is getting out of her control.

If Nan King becomes the new emperor then.. Bai Suxin needs to act as fast as she can to lure the fourth prince to her side. Like supermarkets trying to lure customers with flash sales or special offers. But Bai Suxin can't easily do that because no matter what the villainess plan to do, Suxin can't cover the goddess-like presence of the female lead.

'Plus her Mary Sue halo is no joke..'

Despite knowing that Li Han knew the real her, Bai Suxin pretended as if nothing happened.. as if she's not one of the people who bullied the Fourth Prince years ago. Being thick-skinned was one of her shameless qualities.

Alarms were ringing on her head. The villainess knows she's being ignored. If she can't have the attention of Li Han's, her chance to being his bride will be zero.

Unconsciously, my eyes watered. Silent sobs escaped my lips. 'My ankle.. Mommy.'

"Ah!" I gasped.

'What-the-hell?! Why am I am being carried by Li Han?! Mother of Pearls!'