Lost in wonder | محوحیرت

Unedited:

Woh jo gheet tum nay sunna nahi,

meri umer bhur ka riyaz tha.

Mere dard ki thi daastan,

jise tum hansi mein urha gye.

-----------------------------------------------

Zahra took a deep breath and slowly opened her eyes. She glanced around, her parents were asleep with their hands wrapped around her. She straightened her head from the crook of her daddy's neck and tried to sit down.

"Zahra sleep beta", Zohaib said in a hoarse voice. Zahra squeaked in reply.

"Shhh Zahra, your Ammi is sleeping", Zohaib cautiously removed Faryal's hand from Zahra, she mumbled something in her sleep. 

Zahra sat down. He encircled his hand around Zahra, placed his head in her tiny lap to limit her movement, and closed his eyes. Zahra pulled cum squeezed his ear first and then started nibbling it. He hissed because her teeth were sharp but didn't stop her.

Zahra was giggling and speaking her gibberish in between.

Zahra stopped and frowned. She turned her head and called out "Ammi". She was trying to crawl towards Faryal. Zohaib stopped her and she started crying. Faryal woke up when she heard Zahra's cries.

"Why are you crying love?", Faryal said. Zohaib removed his hand and she went towards her Ammi.

"Good morning Zahra", Faryal pampered her with kisses. She blew raspberries on Zahra's tummy, Zahra held her face in her hands and chortled

"She woke up too early than her usual timing", Faryal said.

"Because she slept early last night", Zohaib replied. He closed his eyes. Zahra turned her eyes towards him and went towards him to wake him up. She pulled his eyelids. Zohaib didn't budge. She pulled his eyelids again, this time forcefully, and started nibbling his ear.

"Zahra, no. Bad manners", Faryal shook her head and pulled her back. Zohaib's ear was already red. "Your daddy will get hurt".

"It's okay", Zohaib mumbled.

"Go kiss your daddy", Faryal instructed her. She starred her Ammi.

"Go Zahra", Faryal said softly. Zahra moved forward and kissed his left cheek and looked back at her Ammi. Faryal signaled her to kiss his right cheek and then his lips and she did exactly what she told her. Zohaib smiled.

"These were apology kisses, Zahra won't bother you again daddy", Faryal said in a baby voice and placed Zahra on her lap.

"Then I'm always ready for these kinds of apologies", he chuckled.

"You won't get these kisses every day, they are limited. Haina Zahra?", Faryal replied

"Let see how limited they are", he raised an eyebrow.

They were busy with Zahra when they heard a knock on the door. Zohaib went to open the door.

"Heyy", Meesha said.

"Hey, Meesha", Zohaib replied.

"Glad to see you too Zohaib", Meesha said and walked past him into the room.

"Meeshu", Faryal quickly got up from the bed and hugged her tightly. "I thought you were seriously not coming".

Meesha broke the hug and said, "Fary will call me and I won't come, impossible". They both smiled. Meesha turned her head towards Zahra.