27. We Really Are Nocturnal

Your POV -.-

You let out a laugh at Ranboo's joke, him breaking into a smile as you laughed.

"Glad to see that you find me funny, Y/N." He said, only making you grin wider.

"I mean, c'mon Genderman, of course you're funny. Other times though-" You said, a smile still on your face to show that you were just teasing him.

"Look, we don't talk about those 'other times'." You turned your head to look over at the people passing by, the people who payed no attention to you, since well... you were just another person staring out the window of the coffee shop.

"Also, can I have some of that gender? Pleaseee-" His laugh cut you off, making you look back over at him.

"I don't even have any." Ranboo said, in between laughs, only somehow making you smile even more.

This, this was what you wanted.

A simple day spent with your friend, not one filled with confusion and questions.

And more confusion.

Anyways, you were happy that you and Ranboo got to hang out at dusk, a time filled with rushing people and when the sky was its prettiest.

Unless, of course, it was dawn. At that time the sun was also quite beautiful.

The two of you were sitting in a small coffee shop you had found in the middle of town, a place that people usually rushed by.

But, instead, this time the two of you walked in, instead of passing by without a further glance back.

It was basically empty, except for a few people leaving the shop when you had arrived.

Now it was just the two of you, painted in the golden rays of the setting sun, sitting at a table by the large window, coffee steaming in front of you, making each other laugh.

It was a simple time, but truly, a beautiful one.

You took a sip of your coffee, contemplating how easy life could've been if the fire had never struck, if those people had never gone after your parents for no reason.

Well, you didn't know the reason actually.

If there was one, of course.

"You look like you're thinking, thinking about something really complicated and something that has been on your mind for too long." Ranboo's voice interrupted the silence, one not loud like others but just perfectly peaceful and calm.

"I am." You said without thinking, immediately regretting it.

You just told him the truth and you were supposed to keep it a secret-

But who had ever told you to keep it a secret?

It was a secret that you could share, since it was yours.

You had shared it, in a way, with Techno.

But it wasn't his secret, the only other person's secret it was was your brother.

And you didn't know who he was yet, which was the whole secret.

"Helloo, Y/N?" Ranboo asked, disrupting your thoughts once again.

"Hm?" You responded quietly, finally focusing back on him.

He was sitting there, across from you, staring at you.

His eyes were glimmering softly in the light rays of the sun. His green eye was shimmering like an emerald, and his red was glimmering like a ruby.