Chapter 33 - Unusual activity

Seven had no idea where Peter was taking her, she watched as they swung through New York, approaching a large building she had never seen before.

Peter held her tight as they landed and he only let her go when they had stopped moving completely as the roof was vast which meant that neither of them could easily fall off.

Seven grasped her mask between her fingers and pulled it off,  breathing deeply to inhale as much cool air as possible. "Peter, where are we?" She asked slowly after noticing the large grin on his face after he removed his own mask, letting his brown curly hair free from the spandex. 

"My school" He replied, the grin still spreading across his face.

"Your school? Why?" She asked in a way that wasn't rude, she was just confused.

"I mean surely you can't stay at home forever right?" He said and Seven realized what he was insinuating, she honestly hadn't really thought about anything to do with her future.

"I guess not" She replied, "But don't you go to a super-smart school? I don't think I'd qualify" She looked down at her hands.

"Ven you're probably smarter than me" Peter argued and Seven shook her head in protest.

"I really don't think so Peter, I've never been to a proper school"

"You don't think you're smart enough?" Peter asked and Seven shook her head again which made Peter's heart sink. She was smart enough, he would just have to prove that to her. "How many languages do you speak?" 

"Eight" Seven immediately responded and Peter's eyes widened.

"Eight languages?! I can only speak some Spanish other than English"

"I mean yeah" Seven shrugged, "English, Russian, German, Mandarin, French, Italian, Korean and Latin" She counted on her fingers until she had listed them all.

"That's insane," Peter remarked, "Learning that many languages must have been hard"

"Not really" Seven replied, "When you know a few it's really easy to pick up more, plus if you didn't pick them up quick enough then there were consequences."

Peter chose to ignore how she refused to recognise how insane it was that she knew eight languages and he carried on talking. "Okay well, can you name the three types of chemical bonding?"

"Ionic, metallic, and covalent" Seven answered confidently,

"How many countries are there?"

"195"

"What is the Pythagorean theorem?"

"A squared plus B squared equals C squared" Seven replied and Peter crossed his arms and stopped asking questions.

"See? You are smart enough"  He argued and Seven realized she had just proved his point.

"You really think I could go here? It's massive" She asked doubtfully.

"I know you could, plus it would be nice to have another friend here," He said convincingly.

"Another friend? That would require you to have some in the first place" Seven smirked at Peter who's mouth dropped open.

"Hey, I do have friends!" Peter argued defensively and Seven laughed at his angry expression.

"Okay sure Parker, I'll believe it when I see it" She fired back but Peter's face changed from offended to excited.