38. Friend

Fifth Year:

On the way back to Hogwarts, all seven of us sat together in one compartment.

Alice and Roxanne having their own conversation, and joining us once in a while. Teddy and Fred explaining Mia that it was okay to break the rules, if we didn't get caught. But she went on with what James did was not okay, and I should have clicked to the button on my bracelet...

But that's no fun, is it?

Teddy was sitting across from me, hitting my shoe once in a while. Next to him was Mia, Roxanne, and Fred. Roxanne was the closest to the door, Alice sitting across from her and explaining her how to braid her hair.

James was already half asleep from exhaustion, his head falling in every five seconds.

"Did you guys get anything from the gift shop?" Fred asked me.

"I didn't even know there was a gift shop." James' head fell down again, I rolled my eyes and pushed it back up.

"What?" Teddy chuckled. "It was huge. How did you not see it?"

"Well, we were a bit busy with running away from a muggle man." James' head fell once again, his body slowly falling forward. I left it and watched.

"He really fell asleep didn't he? With all that talking?" Alice whispered next to me.

"Let him sleep." Roxanne whispered, playing with the braid in her hair.

"Oh, no need to whisper." I shrugged. "He won't hear it anyway. Look."

I got close to his hair and pulled a small piece of hair. No reaction.

I pushed his head back harshly but it fell again.

"See? Nothing."

If I didn't know him, I would thought he was dead.

We went on with our conversation, the sun was still out, hiding behind the mountain.

When I turned back, James' whole body was bent down. I sighed and grabbed his arm, putting his head on my arm and leaning on the window.

He let out a small snore, which took my whole will power not to laugh. I could smell his hair shampoo, which made me slowly open a window and wait for the smell to go away.

What? I don't like it distracting me.

Alice and Mia laughed at something and I just smiled back.

*****

We were finally back at Hogwarts.

good. I can't feel my arm, and I need food.

Everyone started grabbing their bags and getting up, so I moved my arm, making James fall and wake up.

"Wakey wakey Jamie" I mimicked Emma's voice as he groaned and got up.

All the students were off the train and Hagrid took us back to the castle. It was early afternoon, probably just after lunch time.

Everyone went for their own ways, we said good bye to Alice since she wanted to have lunch.

Fred, Roxanne, Teddy, James and I made our way to the garden, to enjoy this sunny day.

Mostly Slytherins and a few younger Gryffindors were outside as we passed them. I saw Albus looking at James next to me with a very.... very angry look.

He walked towards us with big steps.

"You brat! Give me back my wand!" He jumped on James, who woke up ten minutes ago, not so aware of the situation.