Chapter Thirty

Eleanor faced the King with as much strength as she could muster up. Her leg was burning and beginning to feel like jello. Her wand in her hands, she held onto the cocoon rolled up into her sleeve. The King held out his hand with his palm facing Eleanor and she felt the room around her shake violently. The ceiling began to crumble and she was beginning to panic. She began firing spells at the king, but failed to do any damage. She knew in Africa, wizards were taught magic without the use of wands, meaning their magic was the most powerful and raw kind.

Eleanor was running out of ideas. She continued trying her best to deflect spells from the king, but was growing tired and felt her vision getting blurry. Not only was she getting tired, but she could feel the anger inside of her bubbling over the top.

She let out an outraged scream and shoved the rest of her energy at the King and a bright burst of fire shot from her hands and wand. She threw the swooping evil at the King and watched him struggle to try and deflect the fire and creature swarming his head. Eleanor heard Newt mumbling and some shuffling. She sighed in relief knowing he was alive.

"You won't win this Eleanor," King Khufu said and sent water at Eleanor while putting out the fire. She held her hand out to stop the water, but it was too late. It had hit her hard and she was slammed back into the wall. She slumped next to Newt and held her head up and watched the King strut over to her with his hand out.

"Avada-" He began, but Eleanor heard a loud crashing sound and growl. She saw Herma standing behind the King while licking her lips.

"Herma... don't," Eleanor croaked while coughing up blood into her hands. She watched as Herma pounced onto the King and that's when she decided to close her eyes. Hearing it was enough... The garbled screams through thick blood and the crunching of bones and ligaments being torn to shreds. When she opened her eyes, the walls were stained with crimson red blood and saw Herma suck an arm down like a spaghetti noodle.

"I've been wanting to do that for a whole decade," Herma said while prowling towards the pair. Newt had opened his eyes and Eleanor held onto his hand tightly.

"We really need to find our way out of here," Eleanor said and tried standing up. She groaned in agony and immediately grabbed her thigh. Herma saw her in pain and couldn't stand to see the only friend she had made be in so much pain.

"Get on," She said and bent down low for the pair to crawl on. Eleanor had the swooping evil back in her sleeve and positioned herself on top with Newt holding onto the back of her waist. Herma made her way back to the top of the stairs and bounded around a corner where two men were waiting for them.

Eleanor released the swooping evil again and watched it deflect the spells they sent towards them.

"Stupefy!" Eleanor yelled and watched one man fall to the ground and Herma smacked the other one hard with her paw which sent him flying into a pillar with a loud crunching noise.

"How do we get out of here?" Newt grumbled behind Eleanor and she didn't know how to answer that.

"I don't know," She muttered back as they rounded another corner with three women guarding the corridor.

"Merlin, there are so many of them." Newt said while starting to become more aware of his surroundings. He easily stunned one of the witches, but narrowly missed a curse sent at him by another.

Herma didn't let this slow her down and she raced towards the women. Eleanor blew up the ceiling above them and watched the stones fall on top of the women while she casted Protego Maxima around them to keep them safe from the downfall of rubble. Eleanor saw sunshine pouring through the ceiling and figured this would be the easiest way out.