59

Bakugou's POV:

He watched as you disappeared into the upstairs hallway, and then turned back to face Hawks, who had turned his attention back to the pancakes on his plate.

The hero was trying to play cool, but he could see the pained look in his eyes, and it hadn't been hard to notice how his shoulders had slumped forward after you were out of sight.

Bakugou pulled out one of the chairs and sat down, the glass table shaking when he leaned forward and placed his arms down. "For your sake, I'd hope you have some good information for us."

"Give me some credit, I'm not gonna come here offering my help without anything to show for it."  Hawks responded, pulling something from inside of his jacket.

It was a folder, one that looked to be filled with different papers.

"Inside of here is a list of all the people who may have leads on the whereabouts of the League of Villains, along with their status and last known location. I figured that the two of you could go through it and find one or two people to try and hunt down."

"That's it?" He asked, staring down at the small folder.

"That's all I could get together last minute. I kinda rushed over here."

He looked up at Hawks, then over to the window he'd come through. "It was unnecessary for you to show up right after we got here."

"I wanted to give her the will before the hero commission got rid of it, and I thought it would be nice to give it to her today so she doesn't feel as bad about missing the funeral tomorrow."

Bakugou couldn't believe the idiocy of what he'd just said. "You thought that bringing his will would make her feel better about being banned from attending the funeral?!"

"I thought she'd want closure or something!"

He scoffed and Hawks leaned back into his chair, the now-empty plate of pancakes sitting in front of him. "I realize now that it was probably unhelpful, but can you imagine if I'd kept it from her?"

"I guess, but everything's already gone to shit. You could've waited just a couple more days before barging in."

"Yeah,I couldn't actually. You think everything's gone to shit? Be ready for things to get worse." He sighed. "Questions have been raised about the vigilante. People are wondering why there hasn't been any moves recently, and it's only a matter of time before the heroes connect the dots."

Bakugou glared, of course people would choose to talk about that now. "Aren't you the one who put her up to that? You have a high status with the heroes, do something to fix it."

"I've tried, but something like this isn't easy to make go away. The pro's are mad that someone's been able to evade them for so long now, and the hero commission is worried about the message that she's spreading. At this point, they'll do anything to take her out before she has a chance to cause any more unrest."

"Unrest?"

Hawks looked up, as if checking to make sure you weren't lingering near the stairs in an attempt to overhear the conversation, then proceeded to look back to him. "After she went after that commissioner, a lot of questions were asked about why she'd find it necessary to attack him after only going after villains so far. And after her fight with Endeavor was caught on camera, and people heard what she said to him, they're starting to question what the inner workings of hero society may truly be like."

He thought about what Hawks was saying, and thought back to what you'd said the night he'd discovered what you'd been doing. "Do you think... is there really something wrong with it? With the hero system, I mean."