Chapter 48

Kayden's been acting weird as hell lately.

Okay, not in a way where I don't recognize him or I feel like everything's changed but it's still...strange.

He's all jittery, not letting me open doors when my buzzer goes off, even when we know we've got food on the way. He's super fucking peculiar about that.

He texts me a fuck ton more than before. Sure, we kept in contact throughout our entire days until we got together, but now it's almost like he's checking up on me. Even during hours I know he's in crazy meeting and neck deep in reports. He fired head of marketing a couple of days ago after he found him and his thirty year younger secretary going at it in the copy room, so he took the responsibly upon himself to lead the team until they find someone qualified for the job.

Not that it stopped him from breathing down my neck further. Nope. Before last week, we slept over at each other's places a couple of times a week, three, four times tops, but he insisted on staying with me for seven full days this week. Hey, I'm not objecting. I've never slept better than I have in his arms. And who the fuck would ever complain about waking up with their boyfriends head between their thighs and panties shoved aside? Certainly not me.

Kayden got off on getting me off, and if watching him fall apart because of my hands or mouth wasn't one of the hottest- if not the hottest- experience of my life, I wouldn't even have to reciprocate. That's one of the main things I love about him. He doesn't push. It may seem like the bare minimum, and maybe it is, but people push others naturally and don't even realize they're doing it most of the time. Now, I know I'm not a pushover but I've also never felt pressure on me from him. Unless my hands and mouth are already on him, teasing, he would never demand. It's not like he's the most respectful man in the bedroom. He's got a mouth on him that makes me want to scrub my entire body clean and pray for forgiveness after every time we're done, and he also throws me around on his bed or wherever we may be, he doesn't really care, and has his way with me, still not forcing me into more. Even now that we're over two months into our relationship, we just don't feel the need to rush. He's the best, and a better boyfriend I could have ever wished for.

But still, it's a lot. I love seeing him and being with him, and he's not being extremely overbearing to the point I just want to kick him out. He's great fucking company. The best, actually, but every time I ask him if somethings going on, he shuts me up with a kiss and tries to distract me with orgasms. It doesn't get old, but it gets frustrating. Especially for me, a person who grew up being taught to look confrontation right in its eyes instead of running from it.

But he doesn't give me answers and I've got better things to do then beg for them. I have my  exam coming up and it's my second chance. One I'm not trying to fuck up like the one in June, so that's really where my heads at right now. Its a final rank, and you have to score at least sixty-five percent to pass the class and move on to the next track. I didn't want to pay nearly two thousand dollar for a full exam course with instructions on everything because I simply did not have the money. I made sure Kayden remained very unaware about that, knowing he'd get me the whole package and send me off to take it. But I really think I can do it this time. I know what to expect so the nerves settled a bit. I just need to tattoo all of this on to my brain a few more times and I'm good. I'll be fine.

And lucky for me, I've got a boyfriend that'd rather stay in and help me study instead of dragging me to the stupid Halloween party all our friends are attending tonight.

''Are you sure sure?'' Soyana whinges again.

''We are.'' I reply. ''You guys go ahead. Have fun.''

''How will we ever have fun if the latest hottest couple on the west coast won't even accompany us?'' Ivana sings out dramatically, revering to an article she's read with pictures of me and Kayden on the beach that declared us to be the couple of the moment. Bullshit.