Chapter 30: Keefe

Keefe's backkkkk! Kinda...

I awoke with a throbbing pain in my back. I gasped for air. 

What happened?

I kept gulping air, and I could barely move. I started shaking, not sure what to do. I was close to suffocating, and I felt paralyzed.

"HE'S AWAKE, ELENYTIA," I heard a young female voice shout.

"GOD ASTERIN," A voice responded. "STOP SHOUTING."

"BUT-" the first voice, Asterin, shouted back. 

"NO BUTS." 

"Fineeeeeeeee."

A girl ran into the room I was in. Small, square, and white. Floors, ceilings, walls. All white. I assumed the girl was the voice of the girl who's name was apparently Elenytia. 

"Calm down. You're going to tear it open again. And destroy the crutches we have in place."

That stopped me real quick. 

Tear what open? And what was this about crutches?!

She got to work, but talked me through it. She looked about 18, but had the steady hands of a doctor with years of experience. 

"Hello Keefe. My name is Elenytia, and I will be healing you-so get used to me."

I nodded slightly, smirking a little at her clearly forced formality, and quiet personality behind the mask of protocol. But my smile quickly faded, and so did hers. 

"Wait-healing? Healing what?"

She pursed her lips. "I  surprised you don't remember. I'll have to test you for amnesia. But...you were shot. If it had been an inch closer to your heart, you would've died. But it hit something just as precious."

She hesitated, and I looked at her, urging her on. 

"It hit your left lung. Possible permanent damage. Or...you could die any day, any given time." 

Heh heh heh...so yeah.........ANYWAYYYY, anyone recognize the names Elenytia and Asterin? Elenytia - The Spirit Who Could Not Be Broken, and Asterin Blackbeak - Savior & Second. 🥀😪😢😭