THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM

___

___

"Touch me again Granger and I swear you won't live to see the war."

Ethaline scrunched her face up, "Draco shut up!" She said in a hushed tone as they scrambled away from the town square and towards a hiding space.

"Someone entered!"

"Check all the buildings!"

Harry grabbed onto Ethaline who tried to peak through, one of the voices sounding familiar before he yanked her back. She scowled and stayed still as people inspected the area with their wands. Draco covered Hermione's mouth, the blonde thought about how he would rather
get caught then to hear her heavy breathing as Ron glared at him from afar and mouthed he'd kill him.

"Coast is clear," Harry muttered, glancing back before they all ran as fast as they could to the nearest building, searching for an open door with their wands ready to stun someone.

Ethaline stayed close to Hermione who seemed to be a little red and hooked their arms together, "Keep it together Granger."

Hermione nodded and as they ran they heard a hushed voice, "In here!"

Harry immediately changed their course by holding his hand out and they all ran into the run down building, holding onto the person next to them in case they had to run with the exception of Draco who wasn't scared of getting caught. The worst they would do to him would be to question him—and he knew nothing. Even with all their magic his skills at ocumency were second to none.

"What were you thinking?!" The man asked, swiftly pushing past them and for a second they all thought of Dumbledore.

Ethaline's breath hitched, starring over at his back as he walked away from them. Draco also tensed, the two twins even paler than normal as if they had seen a ghost. Draco tore his gaze away, finding a corner and sticking to it as his mind replayed the night of the invasion as Hermione glanced over at the wall and furrowed her brows, her mind working ferociously.

"Harry I can see you...I can see you in the mirror."

Harry turned around and held the mirror up, immediately recognizing it as Aberfoth walked in with some butterbeer and crumpets. Immediately Ron and Hermione raced to them.

"I've been seeing you in this mirror, you sent Dobby to us didn't you?" Harry asked as the older man nodded.

"I have, where have you left the elf?"

Ethaline looked up at him, "He's dead." She muttered, Draco glancing over at her with a sad look before looking away.

"What's wrong with you?" Aberforth asked as Draco looked up at him, his eyes narrowed.