~ 16 ~

Maya's Pov:

Maya's Pov:

Both of us got ready and came down. Ammamma is sitting with a poker face, looking at Sahana. I thought she might have left by now. 

I went near her and asked, "Shall we go, Ammamma?" 

"Are you seriously going to come out like this?" She said, pointing at me.

I looked at myself. I had worn a simple A-line kurta. I wear western clothing too, but I prefer Indian clothing more. Also, I feel more comfortable in Indian clothing. Moreover, I didn't wear anything inappropriate.

"What's wrong with this dress?" I said, looking at myself

"It's too old-fashioned," she said, making a bad face.

"See, Avi didn't tell you that this dress is too old-fashioned, but you didn't listen to me," I told Avi, as he was the one who selected this dress.

"I told you, not him," she said, making a poker face.

"But the dress was selected by him," I said, battling my eyelashes innocently. "And I didn't have any problem with wearing this, even if it was old-fashioned. Neither I nor my family has any problems. Also, I'm not going to any fashion shows or parties. I'm just going to my maternal house. It's not like I'm wearing indecent clothes. I'm wearing what I feel comfortable in, and you are wearing what you feel comfortable in. And I don't care about the comments that are thrown by some roadside people."

I could see the disappointment and rage in her eyes at my answer. If she thinks I will bear her insults and sit silently, then she is definitely wrong.

"If your questions are over, shall we move?" said Ammamma.

We nodded our heads and moved from there. We locked the main door as Ammamma gave leave to all the workers in the mansion and informed the watchman uncle to tell us if anyone had come for us. We settled ourselves into the car. Avi was driving the car while I sat in the passenger seat. Darling and that chudail sat on the back seat sulking. Well, my old lady was sulking because she got stuck with that lizard. And that lizard was sulking because she couldn't sit beside Avi as my darling flopped all her plans. Moreover, did she think that I would allow her to sit beside my man?