ch.39

chapter thirty-nine - why can't you see me? 0:35 ━❍──────── -3:18↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

0:35 ━❍──────── -3:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

unedited

"No?" Jisung turned to Aeri, laughing sarcastically. He inched closer to her and with every passing second the distance between them decreased. "When someone asks for you to leave, you do as they say,"

The brunette's fists clenched at her sides. It gripped on the hem of her hoodie, balling the polyester fabric in her fingers. "When someone breathlessly asks you to leave, they want you to do the opposite!" She shot back just as ferociously, advancing forward towards him— showing the male she wasn't one to back down.

She stared up at her gritting teeth, her own becoming slightly hard as her own bones began to shake in frustration. "Why isolate now when we know?" She added fuel to the burning fire, as she could feel his heavy breath on her lips.

Jisung stepped back. He rolled his eyes and let out a low scoff of disbelief. He didn't why she was fighting now. "You weren't supposed to know. I don't even like you knowing now," He remarked aggressively, turning around and walking away. He looked as if done with the conversation— physically leaving it.

However, Aeri was far from finished. Without a second thought, her hand shot out to his shoulder, gripping it tightly as she forcefully turned him back to face her. "You can't change the past," Their eyes met again, but somehow, she was able to see past his walls and saw something snap in his dark irises.

Harshly, he shrugged her palm off him— rejecting the comfort she had tried to offer. He began to thrash his arms towards the door, his jaw falling as screams filtered out in unforgivable waves of hostility. "But the future still lies in my hand, so leave! Get out of here! Tell me I'm making pathetic excuses for myself! Kick me to the curb! Never talk to me again!"

Suddenly, they all understood.

Perhaps it wasn't the whole true deep meaning behind the painted lines and torn pieces of the canvas, but they saw the entire portrait. It was clear, almost as if a pair of glasses were set on the bridges of their noses and they were given the privilege to escape oblivion.

Despite the aggressive advances at them, the yelling and the nasty words no one should hear under the sun, they knew it was all just bricks piling up pathetically to cover his tracks— the slope of their shoulders fell. Their figures softened, and their eyes grew unbelievably gentle.

Aeri's next words were small, but just as impactful, however she wished she could speak louder only if he wasn't so fragile at the moment. "Jisung you deserve none of those things," She tried to reach forward, but instead of getting another shrug or at least a gaze, he flinched. It was too quick.

Horribly too fast and only she could have noticed, but it was all too loud.

His wide eyes became even bigger, and his glare became more prominent though his orbs shook unsteadily— as if unsure of himself. But he didn't let it control him too much.

His full lips closed, and pursed into a thin line, gulping down what she had assumed was some sort of fear.

"Well for the last year, you guys made it hard for me to even breathe," He revealed curtly, clenching his fists tightly at his sides.

If he was gonna reveal how he had felt, the others should have the right as well. Donghyuck stepped forward, though not as close to seem like he was cornering the male. "But, you made it suffocating for us too,"

Jisung's head fell— his chin meeting his chest as his bones began to shake and his shoulders tensed ever so painfully, that his shoulder blades met excruciatingly again and again.

He laughed sarcastically, a certain bite lacing his next words, but somehow they had fallen short and sounded much softer and weaker than he had intended.

His own voice, the only thing he had for himself, betrayed him.

"Because maybe, just maybe something would click in you! Something would pop back into place and you'd realize that this isn't me and you'd realize this is how I felt!" His chin finally raised, and they could see the desperate pleas of help pour from his eyes and trickle down his hollow cheeks.

With each tear, it sent a dagger to Aeri's heart. And with every strangled sob, she felt like she had died more and more on the inside.

But even so, choking on his cries, and with snot running from his nose— and his voice reaching an aggressive volume, he looked beautiful. Even at his worst, he truly wasn't.

"We can't read minds! How are we supposed to know if you feel like this?" One of the men argued back with a just as raised voice. Aeri's winced. This wasn't how they were supposed to find out, this wasn't how they were supposed to show Jisung that he had them.

But life didn't give the strongest people, the easiest tasks.

Jisung felt the same, and couldn't control the hostility in his tone.

"We've known each other since Middle School! I know when Jeno's off, he likes to pinch his thigh. I know when Jaemin's angry, he stays silent until he can't. I know when Donghyuck's sad that he makes extra jokes that although they fall short, he still tries to make up for his down mood. And I know when you, when you hate someone, Aeri you can never look them in the eye for too long. But why? Why can't you see me?"

It was all too much for him. The emotions. The yelling.

It pounded in his ears, just as he met the floor.

. . .

not that satisfied, but i'll rewrite this soon