Chapter Forty-Eight

(Do you guys get lesbian vibes from Makio? Because I do.)

It was odd listening to Enmu as he told them Mono's wishes. They knew that she would do this, but it was weird hearing it. Even if it was against Corps rules, they trusted Mono. They trusted that she knew what she was doing.

Enmu held Mono close to his chest and took her away from the group so she could rest. Rui and Uzui's wives followed after them, keeping an eye on both Daki and Gyuutaro. Enmu sat by a build, his arms wrapped around Mono's small frame, securely. Rui and the girls stood in front of them waiting for Daki or Gyuutaro to attack. Zenitsu was currently fighting Daki. Tanjiro and Uzui were fighting Gyuutaro.

Enmu stared down at Mono. Her arm was back the only thing missing was her hand. "How's she holding up?" Hinatsuru asked walking over to the two. She crouched down to their level. Enmu looked at the young woman, then looked down at Mono.

"Mono-sama is doing just fine. See... Her arm is growing back a little faster." Enmu replayed to the dark haired woman. Hinatsuru smiled, glad that this young teen who she hadn't even met yet, was doing just fine.

"You're a demon, right?" Hinatsuru asked. The girls surrounded the two.

"Rui and I are both demons, yes." Enmu replied.

"And this is Mono?" She questioned. Enmu nodded his head.

"May I ask you something?" Enmu looked up to the young woman, listening carefully.

"I don't want to come off as rude, but... Why is she helping demons?" Rui turned towards the taller woman. "We don't exactlly know why she wants to help us. But she said that we deserve a second chance. Now that she's helping us, we're doing everything we can to help her."

*****

She could feel large masculine hands grasp her small wrists. A woman had grabbed a hold of her throat. Another man's hands grabbed her legs. It was like she was paralized. She couldn't move, couldn't break free from their grasp. She could hear their laughter, loud and obnoxious.

It echoed.

It wouldn't stop.

The hands suddenly let go of the young teen. Her eyes opened wide. In front of her stood a demon. A demon with forearms black as obsidian. Sharp black nails. The demon had four arms and two pairs of eyes. One pair was just bellow the original pair of eyes. Two horns on the forehead. Long messy white hair. It took Mono a moment to realize that this demon...

Was her.

A long black tail swayed behind the demonic version of Mono. The tail glowed an electric blue color.

"Why are you sleeping? You should be out there helping them." The demon Mono said.

"I can't, I'm too weak." Mono said.

"So you're just gonna let your friends die while you just complain about how useless you feel? Come on, you're better than this. We're better than this." Mono didn't move. Demon Mono sighed.

"Then allow me to give you a little push." Demon Mono said, holding out her hand. Mono grabbed ahold of her hand.

******

The girls went to help the boys with the fight. Rui left to go help Zenitsu and Inosuke with Daki. Rui used his threads to slice through Daki's obi. Enmu stayed with Mono, keeping an eye on the group. He never noticed Mono's change in appearance.

***

Tanjiro stood in front of Hinatsuru, protecting her from Gyuutaro. Gyuutaro's arm lied on the rooftop where the three stood. Gyuutaro went to attack Tanjiro and Hinatsuru, but was stopped when Uzui placed his sword by the demon's neck. But Gyuutaro stopped him from slicing his head off by using his sickles to block the blade.

"There's no way in hell you guys are gonna cut my head off, man." Uzui placed his blade inside Gyuutaro's mouth. Gyuutaro bit into the blade, his sickles stopping Tanjiro's blade and Uzui's other sword from penetrating his skin.

"Kamado, brace yourself!!" Uzui cried out. The two flew backwards. Tanjiro's body smashed against the rooftop, breaking some shingles. Uzui and Gyuutaro disappeared, leaving Tanjiro and Hinatsuru. A small body flew towards Tanjiro.

"Watch out!" Hinatsuru cried out to the young teen. The young woman pushed Tanjiro out of the way as Rui's small body crashed against the roof. Shingles crumbled under his weight. "Rui-san!" Tanjiro cried out, running to the small demon.
Daki's obi sash surrounded the three. Zenitsu and Inosuke ran towards the group slicing the sashes to pieces. Daki laughed at them fighting. They were growing exhausted.

"AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Your moves are slowly getting duller! Now! Who should I kill first!" Daki cried out laughing as if this was some sort of game to her. It wasn't to long before Inosuke sliced her head off. Inosuke held Daki's head in his hand dragging her by her long white hair. "You shithead boar! Let go of me!" Daki's hair grew out and started wrapping around Inosuke's limbs. With a clean slice he cut her beautiful snow white hair.

The male ran down the rooftop, laughing. His laughing was cut short when Gyuutaro plunged his sickle into Inosuke.

"INOSUKE!!!" Tanjiro cried out to the pig head wearing male. Uzui lied on the dirt filled ground, his arm lying beside him. Still clinging to his blade. Tanjiro could only stare. "His arm came off.' The male was suddenly pushed out of the way by Zenitsu, yelling at him to "Watch out."

Tanjiro was knocked back from something powerful hitting the rooftop. The male fell down to the ground landing in the rubble. The young teen was knocked out.

***

Tanjiro's eyes suddenly opened wide. Gyuutaro stood over him. "Whoa, you're still alive? You're one luckly little man." Gyuutaro said. "You've got nothing going for ya' other than luck. How sad, man. Everyone beside you is pretty much useless." Gyuutaro said, looking over at Uzui.

"Boar head was stabbed through the heart. Blondie is writhing around after being crushed by the wreckage, I'm just waiting till he dies. He's squirming like a worm. How pathetic. That Hashira was weak as shit. He was strong, man. But his heart stopped from the poision and died. He's a goner. Lower Moon Five must've been crushed too. Lower Moon One is missing, I don't know where he went. And Snowflake, don't know where she is either. How pathetic. She really thought that we'd want to go with her? Pathetic, pathetic, you're all damn pathetic. You should become a demon !! Do it for your sister!! We could become buddies. I'll help you out. If you don't I'll beat your sister to death." Gyuutaro was about to continue on, but was stopped when a voice cried out to Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro-san!" Someone cried out in a singsong tone. His burgundy eyes stared up into the sky. Enmu stared right at him. Gyuutaro looked up as well and glared.

"Help me get everyone out of here! Mono-sama's got a plan and we'll need help!" Daki looked up at the Lower Moon as well. The two siblings growled, annoyed.

*********************** Taisho Secrets *************************

Gyuutaro: "Time for a Taisho secret. I heard Upper Moon Zero has a love intrest in Muzan-sama."

Daki: "She better not!"