thirty-one

"shh. it's me."

seri felt her heart calming down as she met a pair of familiar eyes and his homely voice made her feel safe.

"what are you doing here?" he asks, full of worry, "don't you know how dangerous this place is?"

seri held on his arm, "jaehyun..."

he fixed her hair by pushing some strands behind her ear. "let's go home, hmm?"

seri nodded immediately. the older gave her a small smile before he carefully placed his arm on her shoulders before he took a quick peek on the alley.

"let's go."

seri's eyes immediately saw the two old men walking towards their direction. the two looked at her and scanned her from head to toe making her hitch her breathing.

"hey miss!" the taller thug called and tried to reach out to her but jaehyun immediately twisted his arm, making him yelp in pain.

the other thug was alarmed at what happened. he slipped a knife out of his pocket and attempts to come at jaehyun.

jaehyun saw it coming, he got his arm off seri and prepared to defend himself by kicking the knife off his grip. then he proceeds to throw a punch on his diaphragm.

then the other male elbows jaehyun in the side. jaehyun took a step back and rolled his eyes.

seri can feel her heart clench everytime jaehyun receives a punch. she couldn't stand the sight. she opened her bag, got her phone and dialed 119.

"i need—" her words were cut off when jaehyun snatched her phone and he ended the call without a word.

seri was confused when jaehyun ended the call but what made her eyes widened was the two thugs were now lying down the floor.

"they're still alive, seri. if that's what your wondering," he says.

seri shook her head and walked closer to the bodies. she kneeled down and got his arm, scanning it.

"this tattoo..." she said in a low voice but it was enough for jaehyun to hear it.

upon hearing it, jaehyun immediately rushed to her. "what about the tattoo?"

seri lifted her eyes as she got something from her pocket. a whitte skull keychain. "it was given to me by the boys a while ago as a their thanks because i returned their bag..." she saw that jaehyun's brows were furrowed. "it just looks the same... i guess it's no big deal."

seri stood up and dusted her clothes.

"deathless..."

her forehead creased. "what are you talking about?"

jaehyun did not answer her. he turned her phone on and proceed to dial some number befor he placed it near his ear.

"johnny, i need help," he says and glanced at ser who was looking at him. he told johnny where they are before ending the call.

"johnny? as in the officer seo?" seri asks as she remembered that dongsook once mentioned the police officer because she found him awesome.

jaehyun gave her a nod. "i'm taking you home. i'm pretty sure the police will have alot of questions so it will take a lot of time. i'll do the talking."

seri just nodded. she badly wanted to go home. today was tiring. her body was already longing for her fluffy bed.

jaehyun just watched her as she got out of his car and got inside their house before he stepped on the gas to go back.

upon opening the door of their house, seri was puzzled seeing two pairs of unknown sneakers on the doorway.

"sungchan! did—" her words were cut off when she saw two boys sitting on their couch, playing xbox.

"na jaemin? hyuck? what are you doing here?"