Chapter Eighteen : A Winters Strong Breeze

A couple weeks had passed since then, and it was the day of Halloween Night at Hogwarts. All my friends and I where exited and especially Lee who was planning on stuffing his face full. Percy and I had barely talked at all and only did so when we where forced to partner up by our Teachers. We didn't even talk during our Perfect rounds.

Percy did try to apologize a couple times but they where all unsuccessful. He had first tried apologizing during Potions but Snape gave him a detention for it and when he came over to apologize during Dinner, Callum was quick to stand by my side and shut him down.

I wasn't planning on talking to him anytime soon so I really didn't care. What he said deeply hurt me and I wasn't planning on forgiving him for a long time. Whenever he did manage to have the time apologize however, it was always a simple 'I'm sorry' never a full apology. Pathetic.

Today during Dinner, Percy decided to join us, much to my distaste, but I couldn't exactly stop him otherwise I would have to talk to him. Then he would think his meaningless apologies where working. Thankfully, he didn't try to talk to me today.

While I was laughing along with Callum about something funny Fred had said, I saw Seamus Finnigan, Dean Thomas and Neville Longbottom walk over to us.

"Y/n we need you're help." Seamus said.

I turned around and was about to ask, "What with?" but imidiently started laughing when I saw Seamus' eyebrows where completely burnt off.

"It's not funny Y/n!"

"It kind of is." Callum said as he himself tried to hold back laughs.

I snorted out loud and tried to hold back fits of laughter but seeing Seamus again kept bringing more laughs out of us.

"I'm sorry I- ha!" I tried to stop but eventually calmed down with a few deep breaths. "Sorry. What did you need my help with?"

"Do you need a Potion to grow your eyebrows back?" George laughed.

"George!" I swatted him on he showed at Seamus's red face.

"Oh so it's perfectly fine for you two to make fun of him but I can't?"

"Yes." I said.

He just rolled his eyes and continued chatting with Fred and Lee.

"Like Seamus was trying to say was that we need you're help and since you are the only older girl we know of who's good with advice, he need your help." Dean finished for him.

"Ok shoot." I said.

"Hermione is really upset and we don't know how to comfort her. Some boys where making fun of her." Seamus started.

Oh I know how that feels, I thought.

"Oh gosh that's horrible! Do you know where she is?" I asked.

"She's in the bathrooms. She's been crying all day long and won't let anyone see her and we want to help but we don't know what to say or do." Dean said.

"We want to comfort her..." Neville wispered ever so slightly and I smiled.

"It's really sweet that you guys want to help her and that already shows how much you care about her. But since she's so upset, you might want to give her some time alone because people have been checking up on her alot is that right?"

They nodded.

"Ok so give her until Dinner is over and then get her some food and maybe some tea from the house elves. But I promise you, she'll talk when she's ready ok?"

"Ok thank you Y/n!" They all hugged me and I wave them goodbye.

"Wow you're really good with kids." Lee said.

"Eh, I guess I just know what to say really. All my cousins are alot younger than me so I guess I've had experience." I shrugged.

Dumbledoor stood up on to podium and silenced everyone to begin his usual speech. I was dossing off, tired and hungry, just begging for him to get the stupid speech done with when Professor Quirrell ran into the Hall, face consorted in that of horror and screamed something about there being a troll in he dunsions before fainting.

All hell broke loose but was quickly silenced by Dumbledoor one again, telling everyone to evacuate imidiently. I was searching the crowd for my friends when a hand suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me further past the crowd.

"Follow me!" Percy yelled, not letting go of my wrist and dragging me along to the Griffindoor dormatries.

We ran into our past the group of people and into our room, quickly shutting the door behind us in panic and laying again the door breathing heavily from all the adrenaline.

"Oh thank god you guys are safe to! I- what's going on?" Ben started but was stopped half way, noticing Percy's grip was still on my wrist.

I gave him a poisonous look and ripped my wrist out of his grip. "Nothing." I finished.

"Ok you everyone's safe, no-one got hurt?" Dylan asked.

"Not that I know of." Percy said and checked his arms for any cuts and bruises.

I moved my wrist slightly and winced when I noticed a bruise from when Percy was gripping me so tightly. "Got one." I said. "Though I don't think it's from the Troll." I glared at Percy.

"I'm sorry ok? I didn't realise I gripped you that tightly." He raised his arms in defense.

"Yeah well sometimes apologies don't fix everything!" I sneered.

"Ok calm down! The main thing is no-one had an encounter with the troll and no-one got seriously hurt, correct?" Lucas asked.

We all nodded.

"Ok good. We might aswell go to sleep now there's not much we can do about the bruise." Josh spoke and shot Percy a quick glare that was met by him rolling his eyes.

"Yep let me just find some pajamas and I'll get changed. And since I'm the only one that's injured I get to use the bathroom first." I said.

"Fine but you only get you use that excuse this once." Dylan said and I grinned walking off the the bathroom.

Word count: 1034