054. love?

H I R A E T H

liv||love?

Jolting from an unpleasant nightmare, Maria looks around her dormitory frantically to see that it's empty just as it was when she'd fallen asleep. Truthfully, Maria hasn't had a decent night sleep since they all returned to Hogwarts and she moved back into the Gryffindor dormitory. She's been suffering with the most terrifying nightmares, all of them seeming to have the same two people starring in them; Clarissa and Danielle.

She doesn't know why, maybe it's because she's alone and without them now, or maybe it's because she's in the very room they shared all of their memories over the six years they were able to spend together. Whatever it is, she needs it to stop.

Regulus has noticed the faint dark circles beneath her tired, chocolate eyes, and many times asked if he could do anything to help but all times it was useless. 

He's used to Maria Potter by now, used to her stubborn ways and particularly used to the way she thinks she has to go at everything alone, thinking asking for any kind of help is selfish. Especially considering everyone has their own horrifying problems these days. As much as he tries to help Regulus can't deny how similar they are with that.

After seeing Sirius being sorted into the courageous house of scarlet and gold and constantly feeling the burning need to challenge their parents and family members, defending anyone innocent they would slander. After all of that Regulus realised that maybe if her went at everything alone like Sirius had, he might be remembered for something more than being a pureblooded Slytherin arsehole. And Regulus Black decided, even after he ran away, that Sirius Orion Black is probably the bravest person he's ever known.

One of the bravest people.

Then, Regulus was able to know Maria for who she really is, seeing how she fought for him in front of her parents — to her parents, argued with her brother — the person she would do absolutely anything for — just to be able to keep seeing him. A Slytherin—a Black. Then, he knew she was also one of the bravest people he's ever known.

Running a hand through her hair that's damp with the thing layer of sweat that had gathered on her forehead Maria shakily stands up and shrugs in some red tartan pants and Regulus' large, black hoodie before walking out of her dormitory, her want illuminating the familiar path.

After walking through the halls for about five minutes Maria reached the thick, oak door of Minerva McGonagall's office. The morning sunlight is leaking through the windowpanes as she slowly half opens the door, peering in to see Minerva already up and going through students papers on her desk.

"Miss Potter?" Minerva says, mildly surprised as Maria closes the door behind her, pulling the hoodie sleeps over her hands and sheepishly folding her arms as a tear rolls down the teenagers face, Minerva's expression softens. "Oh dear."