Chapter 1: Freedom

~•×•~

~•×•~

It was all too fast. Everything that happened for the past 8 months have been too fast. But today is different, it's even more shocking than how you and your brother was sold as servants months ago. You watch the sun rise from your window as your brother lies on your make-shift bed under your owner's grand staircase.
You both were even lucky to be given this space. You don't want Sunoo to be far from you as much as possible.

You look at his peaceful face and remind yourself that this will be the last night you both will spend here in this large mansion that your owners live in. They never really looked at you as a human being rather a filthy slave they just purchased from the market. No one really knew what family you came from and what rank you two hold in the society so you were both sold really cheap.

No one haven't find interest in you two since you looked so sheltered. You two never really had the look of knowing any chores nor job at all because of how aristocrat you look. Although now, you and Sunoo looked far from what you were 8 months ago when you were living with your parents. You hated it here, you hated every minute you were here. They would always make Sunoo do the gardens and you in the mansion.

Your owners would hit you often and would leave a bruise on your skin but you're thankful enough that Sunoo doesn't get hit since the gardener really takes good care of him in the fields while you were under a madamé's care who is far more worse than your owners themselves. Although she never hit you, you would always hear insults and get death glares from her

You sigh and smile at your brother. You both will be in a better state now that you are going to live in the palace not as servants but as a teacher and Sunoo as a companion for a sick person there. You really don't know how your names got into the palace but you're thankful enough.

You rise to your feet and wakes your brother as you both need to get ready. Not that you have lots of things to pack but you could atleast clean up before meeting the person who bailed you out of being servants.

"It's time to wake up Sunoo, we need to get ready," you coax him to consciousness as excitement bubbles inside you.

Sunoo opens his eyes with his usual smile and greets you. "Good morning," he hugs you tight and giggles knowing that today is the day.