Chapter 10 | Flushed up

Inaya's pov

I wait for the other line to pick the call up and this is my second time ringing him. Since Zaarib didn't want to leave that poor guy alone in peace. I call him again and again till he picks up.

I rest my head on Zaarib's shoulder waiting for Aabid to pick the call and just when I thought the line has cut an annoyed voice catch my ears "You better have a proper explanation for ruining my Sunday sleep Inaya"  Aabid's voice coming out sleepy and annoyed as ever.

"Hello to you too" I speak with a giggle but peek at Zaarib who is already looking annoyed "Hmm Hi" he lets out a groan of tiredness "My Inaya darling for your kind information its freaking 8 and most importantly it's Sunday and I don't wake up at 8 in the weekend" I can hear him scoff, but I am not at fault it's Zaarib's annoying ass who loves ruining others sleep since he is awake.

I hear Zaarib scoff while mumbling "My Inaya when did you become his" I roll my eyes at his comment before giving my attention towards my cousin.

"I know it's Sunday, not that I call you everyday. Can't you be a little nice when your sister is calling you up so early" I can imagine him rolling his eyes "Can this nice sister now tell me the reason of her precious phone call" he now sounds clear so I speak but with a giggle already missing talking to him.

It's been days or maybe months I last spoke to him so gonna have a long chat with this bro who is quiet funny.

"Yeah just like that, talk to me in that sweet voice and I'll tell you the reason" I hear him chuckle on the other side as I do the same forgetting about the guy who looks so pissed.

"Okay, So Zaarib said me something about you. Why were you eyeing my boyfriend yesterday hmm? If you were trying to scare him then that was a waste of time" I mention the word boyfriend so he does not ask me unwanted questions. I don't beat around the bush but come to the main topic and also peek at Zaarib who is biting his lips while looking at my lap "Boyfriend? I see your little boy has complained about me" I roll my eyes at the choice of his words but can already feel the heat raising beside me.

"No, he did not complain but was confused as to why you were acting like a jerk. Sharing about the topic that is bugging him to his girlfriend isn't complaining right or is it?" I snap not at all appreciating the way he spoke.

"Woah Calm down tiger, I was not making fun of your boy" he lets out a laugh but I do not find anything funny so I stay quiet. He clears his throat before speaking "What did that little boy said—"

"First, he is not a kid so stop calling him little and second he is 24 so he is not a boy but a man" I feel embarrassed, I don't think embarrassment is a correct word but I feel uncomfortable for defending Zaarib infront of him, I only have insulted him so this is new so so new to me!

But that does not mean, I will let others make fun of him.

"Whatever but from the way you are defending him I can see, whatever that girl said was all a lie but I still don't believe you and him are together like seriously when mom said about you getting engaged to that guy, I was first shocked but then I thought that something is fishy in between you to but girl your defending him as if your soo in love with him" he let's out with an amused chuckle and I am internally cursing my cheeks for blushing so hard at his word.

Love? Not that anything he said was true, but my heart skipped hearing him talking about me and Zaarib as if we are real couple.