𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

IT WAS SIX in the morning

IT WAS SIX in the morning. you woke up with a long exasperated sigh as your hands move to your alarm clock, pressing the button to stop the ringing. you sat up on your bed and yawned, with both your arms stretched out in the air.

you got up and made your bed. you dragged your feet to the bathroom and wash up. you put on your uniform and pack your books according to your schedule for your classes today. you finished up with a strawberry flavored lip balm.

you took your bag downstairs and poured yourself a cup of milk on the kitchen counter. you finished your drink and opened the door, locking it before you left for school. you shoved the key into your school jacket's pocket and head out.

"good morning," you greeted.

"morning." kageyama greeted back. you guys walked in comfortable silence while the sun slowly rise up higher and higher, slowly making the sky glow brighter. it has always been this way for you both. you and your junior who happened to live only three blocks away from each other. being on the same club, you guys decided it's great to walk to and from school with each other, though he wasn't the most sociable person, he does try sometimes.

you guys stopped at a familiar store. you both entered and greeted the man sitting on the register, his hand against his cheek, eyelids threatening to drop. "welcome," he greeted sloppily. "morning coach," both you and the raven haired male greeted.

you went outside and stood outside of the store, waiting for kageyama. it was a cold morning. you huffed out a sigh. kageyama was buying curry buns and milk for his breakfast, even though he probably already had it at home before walking to school.

you were gazing up at the morning sky, admiring the lilac and orangey colors they create. a smile formed on your face. you heard footsteps approaching but you didn't bother enough to look over.

"y/n?" a voice called out.

wait. i know this voice.

your head turned to the owner of the voice. your eyes was met with a pair of beautiful olive green eyes, and a shock expression on his face.

"hajime? what are you doing here?" you questioned.

next to him, you saw oikawa snickered. "you guys are on the first name basis already? how adorable," he waved his hand in the air, while his other hand covering his mouth, a dramatic gasp escaping his lips. iwaizumi shot a glare at his friend.

"we're taking a different route to school today. didn't expect to bump into you here." he simply said, his cheeks slightly flushed red.

"i'm waiting for my friend, he's buying food." you said.

you heard the door of the store opened and see kageyama walked out with his buns and milk. "let's go, y/n-" kageyama stopped in his tracks when he saw the two figure who stood before him.

"oikawa- san, iwaizumi- san." he greeted. "tch," oikawa said and turned his head away, his lips frowned and turned into a pout. "hi kageyama." iwaizumi greeted and waved.

"you know each other?" kageyama asked. clearly you guys haven't met before, since you only joined the club about 3 months ago. you remembered that karasuno had a match with aoba johsai before, but it was before you signed up to be their manager.

"uhhh. yea, we do. me and iwaizumi are friends," you said to him, signaling to iwaizumi. kageyama looked confused, but nodded in response. "let's go, y/n. see you, iwaizumi- san, oikawa- san." kageyama greeted them again before you both left. you and iwaizumi said your goodbyes and you could see that kageyama held a high respect for the aoba johsai's duo.

you have always heard of how fondly kageyama spoke about aoba johsai's captain, oikawa. kageyama still have some issues communicating with others, and the trauma of being isolated by his middle school team still stays with him. he also mentioned once how oikawa tried to hit him once, but was stopped by iwaizumi.

kageyama doesn't seem to trust people and it's hard for him to express his emotions. sometimes, his words come off as harsh and rude. but he's made progress in these few months. and you were there to assist him. oddly enough, he seem to easily open up to you at times.

you both finally arrived at school, and kageyama bid his goodbye the moment he stepped into the school ground because he was racing with hinata. you couldn't help but laughed at their silly actions. its seven in the morning, where'd they even get the energy.

you head to your classroom and sat on your seat. you put ur bag on the hook attached on the left side of your desk and took out your phone. class starts in 15 minutes, so you decide to kill time by going on instagram.

while scrolling, you received a message from iwaizumi.

hajime:
good morning :)
i don't mean to sound rude
but can i have your number?

sure enough you gave it to him. it'll be easier to contact each other anyway. he texted you and you saved his number.

xxx-xxx-xxx sent you a message!

xxx-xxx-xxx:
its hajime :)
can i walk u home today?

you:
ofc
but we finish
practice at 5
do u mind?

xxx-xxx-xxx:
no, not at all
i'll be waiting at ur school gate :)

you saved unknown number as "hajime 😸"

you smiled and put your phone back into your backpack. the bell rung signaling that class is starting. you couldn't wait til class and practice ends today so you could meet hajime. your heart was fluttering for the whole day.

_______________________
a/n: sorry it's a boring chapter. i'll write a
better one in the next chapter :)
_______________________