Drunken Crush.

"What the fuck is wrong with you lot?" 

All heads in the betting shop turn towards you as you walk in, a frown on your face. Your boy who was just a friend and nothing more just told you that it was best for the two of you not to be friends. He looked scared when he told you and you could see that this had the Shelby brothers written all over it. 

"Wow," John chuckles, "Not even a good afternoon?"

"Good Afternoon," You sarcastically smile and add a wave for emphasis, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" 

"What has happened?" Tommy asks leaning on the door way to his office. 

"John and Arthur, maybe you but I don't know if you cared, told my friend who was a boy but my friend" You point out, "That it was best that we aren't to talk no more." 

"How do you know it was us love?" John gives you a cheeky grin, you give him a pointed look. 

"Because the man looked like he was gonna fucking cry-"

"Men shouldn't cry" Arthur comments making you roll your eyes. 

"Well I think he had a right to when he had the fucking Shelby brothers knocking on his door threating him" You fire back, Michael sits at the betting stall  table with a amused smirk.

You had been friends with the Shelby lads since you were little, you and John were of similar age, him being only two years older than you. Tommy was more of your older brother and Arthur was your comfort when you needed cheering up. Ada was you best friend, more sister like, but since she was in London you never really got to see the Shelby sister but you always made sure to have a Friday phone call to gossip. Polly was your mother figure and she treated you like her own. Michael and you had a relatable relationship, where you had three moods. 1- You wanted to get drunk and swear at everyone. 2- You just needed a good fuck and 3- You would roll your eyes until they were stuck behind your skull. 

And then John. You two were each others first everything. Kiss, fuck and love. But after the war things changed, you were a war nurse in London and when everyone came back home you were still in London for another 2 years after meaning you hadn't seen the Shelby family in over 6 years. The lads were worried when Polly told them you were doing you bit for them but all had a sense of pride for you. They just wanted you home as soon as possible. But instead you turned up at the Grassion one Friday night all dressed up and unannounced. John fell in love with you all over again. 

"I told John and Arthur to tell the bloke to back up a little," Tommy says, "We needed you here at the shop."

"Then ask dipshit," You reply sitting down at the table next to Michael crossing your arm over you chest in a sulk, "He was a good fuck." 

"I thought you were just friends" Michael comments, in the corner of his eyes he could see John's jaw clench. Jealousy. 

You look at Michael and shrug, "Friends with benefits."