CHAPTER - 44

Kritika's pov

*Phone chimes*
I was laying on my bed doing nothing when I saw Rihan's name on the phone screen.Holy shit!I haven't talked to him since ages even though he practically leaves two floors above mine.

"Hey there!", excitement clear in my voice.

"Hey Kri.Sort of missed you",he said.

"I haven't seen you in ages dude.Where have you been?"

"So you were staying in Delhi...back to Mumbai...huh?",he asked.

"Yeah...it's a little messed up.My mom was sick so I had to come back",I said skipping the newyork part.
"And you..where have you been?"

"I have been here since last 23 years",he chuckled."I saw you last night and assumed you are here so let's catch up.Up for dinner?My place..hmm??"

"Wow.I was getting so bored you know and actually I thought of seeing you but I thought it's not appropriate because of the whole pandemic and all.I'll come at 8
and you want me to get something?"

"Hmm...may be your world famous lassi"

"Okay cool",I hung up the phone.

Stefan didn't call the whole day and I guess he was busy,well,now that I have engaged myself in this lassi shit I'm busy too.

My closet was a real mess and I honestly had no idea what I was going to wear.It had to be something simple, something casual because he was only a friend so I picked up a peach sweat shirt and simple blue jeans.I tugged my hair into a high ponytail,applied a little pink lip balm and black cole.I tried to look as casual as possible.

I'm at his door and I'm early by 20 minutes surprisingly.

"Dude",I shrieked at the top of my voice and threw myself in his arms."You have changed,you look hotter",I said winking my eye in a playful manner.

"And you not even a bit.You look the same because I saw you only last night",he said smirking.

"Shut up you dick",I chuckled.

"You look cute in that pink thing",he said taking the container of lassi off my hands.

"It's peach",I said smirking.

"Fucking Miss I'm always right."

"Yes , I'm miss always right",I said rolling my eyes.

"So what's up with the whole Stefan thing?Media went nuts for like weaks after that",he asked pouring lassi in my glass.

"Nah! It was over that night and I never met him after that",I lied smoothly because I didn't want him to know that I was dating him because then I had to explain the whole mess of a thing to him and plus even if he is like my best friend I haven't talked to Stefan about it, I mean I don't think he is ready yet to put this whole thing out,he still wants it to keep it private and I would like to respect that.

"How did you meet him anyway?", another question.Damn!!

Seriously Rihan? you invited me here to ask me about Stefan and you know what I'm never in a million years telling you that I'm dating him.You are being so nosy already!!

"We met in a party and became friends and then he asked me out that night and then the whole thing happened and then he left the country in a heartbeat",I tried to keep it as short as possible.

"Ohh.Single now?",he asked.

"Yeah.Are you?"

"Yes I'm. I used to date this girl but things didn't work out so we just broke up but are in good terms now",he said casually shrugging his shoulders as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Who is the girl?Do I know her?",I asked.

"Probably.We went to the same college.It's Maya",he spoke.

What? Maya?Did it have to be fucking Maya? They were seeing each other weak before graduation but I never knew that they actually dated.Holy Shit!I have a lots of catching up to do with him and now it's my turn to become nosey.It's good that they broke up because Maya, though beautiful,was certainly not his type and I for some reason didn't get along with her.

"So Maya hmm?I thought you guys were just..

"Being childish",he chuckled."We always had a thing for each other but it just didn't get evident until graduation."

"Ohh and you never told me",I said turning away reaching the sink.

"Shut up!I told you and you don't remember",he said quickly.

"You probably forgot because you were drunk that night",he said taking my arm and leading me into the hall.

"Drunk?Hell no.I don't drink dick and you know that so stop lying"I yelled at him.

"It was this birthday party and we were playing a game called never have I ever.Remember?I told you that night and you were probably too drunk to pay attention."

"What? Someone said it's not alcohol but a wierd drink specifically made for that game.Fuck!I was so dumb.Sorry!",I said not believing my ownself.

"So don't you remember our kiss?",he asked out of the blue.

I choked and almost spilled the contents in my mouth,"What?".I can feel my pupils getting dialated and my body hair stood erect.

"It was sort of a dare and then we went inside this room and kissed",he said.

"What?No way.I would never kiss someone like that."

"Both of us were drunk, alright and it was fucking dare so just chill and yes it was years ago",he said trying to console me.

"Why didn't you tell me about that?",I asked freaking out.

"I thought you didn't wanna talk about it because you never brought it up in the first place and plus I never knew that you blacked out that night",he said sipping water.

"Okay it's so embarassing to me let's not talk about it",I chuckled as I blushed.

"Was it good?",I asked after a while breaking the silence and instantly regretted it.

"I mean it was,I guess your virgin kiss,you had no idea what to do so I told you how to do it and yeah it was pretty good",he said and I cringed at the phrase he used for my first kiss.

"Ohh.Okay let's stop",I said immediately blushing.

"So when did you kiss again?",he asked bluntly.

"I kissed Stefan and ....yeah that's it... and then we had a pandemic so I'm pretty much maintaining social distance",I said laughing akwardly.

"Yeah we all saw it",he said smirking."So it was just a hook up..huh?"

"Yeah pretty much",I said non chalantly.

Stefan's pov

"Look at you.You have changed so much.Is your girlfriend some kind of goddess?",she said caressing my hair.

"Fuck off from me Alice.I'm exactly the same and cut the crap.Please",I said shifting my gaze to Clara who was just standard, probably pissed because of Alice.

"I mean she got you clean of drugs and you don't smoke.I mean that girl has something in her which got you out of addiction",she said now moving her hands to my beard.

"That's your fucking problem because you assume that all other girls are like you but it's not the truth.She loves me so she got me clean and she cares about my health and I love her enough to give up anything for her sake.You are the reason I got into this shit hole in the first place.You got me into drugs and smoking and I was so naive that I thought it was cool",I said.

"Okay fine,I'm a bad person but you fell in love with me.So is that my fault?So I need to fly back to the states,5 million dollars and that is all I need."

5 million dollars.

"I want this to be done outside the court,let's not get the law involved in this.Once you give me the cash,we shall to court at once and you will get what you want.
Her."