36

"What's with the frown pretty girl?" Leo's hand caressed the little pout on his sister's lips in hopes of offering any form of comfort

Since the very awkward breakfast scenario, Charlie had been rather glum and shy, too much for her brother's liking.

However, Charlie was adamant that her mood wouldn't change as long as SHE was here.

Okay, maybe Charlie wasn't giving her the fairest chance but things had only gone from bad to worst when she was blamed for a cup of milk slipping, a cup of milk that her brothers knew was too big for her little hands.

A cup of milk that Lucy had insisted she pick up and drink like a big girl.

If Charlie was being honest she was sick of being threatened with the same term, she knew she was a big girl. She did not need any mean nanny to confirm that.

"M'not talking to you right now bubby," Charlie whispered, her little hands fidgeting with the hem of her cardigan.

"Oh really?" Leo couldn't help but let the amusement take over his tone, "And why would that be?"

"B'cos you're leavin' me with her."

"She has a name, Charlie." Leo was not so amused now, he knew that his little sister could be extremely cheeky from time to time however he was also able to differentiate between that and her being borderline rude.

"Well she doesn't know my name, she called me Charlotte at the end of breakfast." Charlie wiggled away from his light grip around her waist not wanting to continue this annoying conversation.

"Oi, come back here." Leo protested, his long footsteps catching up to hers instantly before he scooped her up into his arms.

"You don't get to waddle away from me babygirl."
He informed this time a little playfulness coming out in his tone.

"Now tell me what's wrong." He sat down with her little body trapped on his lap.

"I don't want Lucy to be my nanny and I don't want her to take me to school, or-or call me Charlotte, or take away Paul, or-"

"Alright baby calm down I think I got the gist of it." Leo interrupted as soon as her breaths became irregular not wanting the little girl to get worked up.

"I don't think you do Leonard, otherwise you wouldn't be leaving me with her."

"Firstly bean, you know very well we don't call bubby 'Leonard"- Leo said almost painfully before continuing, "and secondly we already talked about this. You're going to give it a try for a day and see if it fits. Nothing is set in stone yet Charlie but I think Lucy will be good for you." He finished with a little peck on her nose, catching the small smile slowly forming on her previously pouty lips.

"We on the same page?"

"I guess" Charlie mumbled out with as little enthusiasm as possible making Leo tut.