lxvii

Mature content, viewer discretion advised.

The grieving ambiance that remained with all of the Order members because of Mad-Eye's death. The auror so tough and so invincible was no longer with them and they all felt as bad as they did when Dumbledore had passed away. Fred, George, Lizzie and Maddie returned back to the flat above the shop since the Burrow would be as crowded as ever with the prompt arrival of Fleur's parents and sister for the wedding as well as Charlie's arrival from Romania.

Lizzie forced Madeleine to stay on bedrest for two days before allowing her to apparate to the burrow to help Fleur with all of the wedding's preparations. After all, Fleur asked her to be the maid of honor and of course, Maddie couldn't refuse. With so many people around, Fleur and Molly cornering her on every give chance to get her to do things and her opinion on tablecloths and flowers and napkin holders, the blonde was slowly but surely losing her mind. Her daily relief after every mentally draining day, was crawling into Fred's arms at the end of the night before the two of them could sleep cuddled with each other.

The day before Bill and Fleur's wedding, it was Harry's 17th birthday and Mrs Weasley had planned a small party to celebrate the special day. Lizzie had to work but promised to meet them at the burrow afterwards and both twins were forced by their mother to come by and help to set the marquee for the wedding ceremony and reception.

"I know something you don't," Fred teased in a singsong voice.

"What are you on about?" she huffed.

"Well, George and I gave Ron one of our most precious possessions for his birthday you know," he leaned on the doorframe of his room while the blonde finished getting ready to head to the burrow that morning.

"I didn't know, and what exactly should I do with this piece of information?"

"Well, he asked us if we have a copy so that he could give it to Harry for his birthday so..."

"What did you do?"

"Well, let's just say that Harry will be the proud owner of pure gold itself," he grinned. "Twelve Fail-Safe Ways to Charm Witches."

"Fred, you know that book is complete rubbish right," Madeleine laughed loudly.

"It isn't! Taught me most things I know and without it, I don't think I would have been able to charm you," he shrugged.

"You didn't need that book to charm me Fred, you were just yourself and it happened," she rolled her eyes playfully before they settled on the large pink scar on her left side.

"I'm only teasing love, I'm more of a do things to learn rather than read them," he smirked and met her eyes through the mirror.

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that," she shook her head before throwing on a shirt and grabbing her bag from the bed. "Let's go now before your mother and Fleur end up murdering us."

"Finally," George said dramatically as Fred and Maddie came out of his room. "Mum will be so ear-ritated now that we're late," he joked.

"You're stupid," Fred said and Maddie snickered before the three of them apparated outside of the protective barrier that separated the burrow from anything else.

After walking through the barrier, the three of them stepped into the kitchen where everyone was having breakfast cheerfully. "Look what the niffler brought," Maddie grinned, "if it isn't my most favorite and most handsome Weasley."

"Oi!" Fred scoffed.

"All right there Mads?" Charlie beamed and stood up to give the girl a brothely hug before tackling the twins into another one.