Chapter 158

Jenna had a lot on her mind in the days that followed. She couldn't understand why Dumbledore had brought Slughorn back, she still wasn't able to make the connection between Alexandra and Regulus and how he could possibly be alive, and worst of all, she was worried about Sirius.

    She hadn't received any letters from Sirius, but she wasn't expecting to get one anytime soon either, because they both knew that it would be risky to write to one another. So Jenna made sure to visit Dumbledore's office every day to ask how Sirius was doing, each time afraid that she might hear the worst news.

    But Jenna was glad to learn that Sirius was doing fine, though she found out that he was being on different missions every day, trying to recruit forces and convince them to join their side.

     Although Jenna didn't bother asking Dumbledore about his intentions of bringing Slughorn back, knowing that there was no point, because he wasn't going to give her a direct answer.

    There was also something else that Dumbledore didn't tell Jenna, which she only found out by eavesdropping on Harry, Ron, and Hermione's conversation while being in her cat form.

    Dumbledore had asked Harry to come to his office every once in a while for private lessons. Unlike Jenna's expectations, the lessons didn't contain Occlumency or any other spell. Instead, Dumbledore was showing Harry the memories he had collected of Voldemort and his past.

     Dumbledore had also set Harry a little mission; to get close to Slughorn. Although Harry was too busy with his studies and the upcoming Quidditch tryouts to think of that at the moment.

    Excited to see her nephew as the new Gryffindor captain, Jenna walked to the Quidditch field in the form of a fourth year Gryffindor girl. Quietly, she went to find a seat in the stands, until she spotted Hermione there, with a book in her hands.

    "Psst," Jenna called out to Hermione as she reached her, saying quietly, "it's me, Crookshanks."

    "Oh, Jenna!" Hermione smiled in realization, closing her book. "How are you doing? Oh, I've been dying to talk with you! Only I couldn't. There always seemed to be someone in the dorm. I couldn't possibly speak with you."

    "I know." Jenna laughed at how fast the girl spoke, taking the seat beside her as they waited for the players to walk into the field. "Anyway... I thought you didn't like Quidditch. What are you doing here?"

    "I never said I didn't like it," Hermione protested, though Jenna noticed her face flush slightly. "I just came here to watch Harry and Ron. There are so many people who have signed their name up for the team this year. It's because of Harry, obviously."

     "You don't say." Jenna grinned. But then their attention was caught as one by one everyone walked into the field with their brooms, gathering around Harry and waiting for him to speak.

    "Let's see if he's taken my Captain skills or not," Jenna said jokingly, bearing a smug smirk as she watched them all mount their brooms.

     "You were the Quidditch captain?" Hermione asked in surprise.

     "Of course." Jenna nodded, before turning to glance at her. "Didn't you know?"

     "No." Hermione shook her head earnestly. "How come there's no trophy with your name on it? I've seen a few of Harry's father and even Sirius. But never yours."

    "I guess Dumbledore took them away. Until last year, Harry wasn't even supposed to know that I even existed."

     Jenna then turned her head toward the field with a little disappointed frown, and Hermione took that as a sign that she wasn't too comfortable talking about this matter any further.