we were bored (in our defence at least we didn't blow something up this time)

Tony folds his hands and rests his head on them. "Right... well you better go to bed, Perce."

Percy stares at Tony, unimpressed. "From one insomniac to another, don't even try."

Tony opens his mouth to say something and then closes it. "Good point." He stands up, "So, you wanna go get a tattoo?"

"Of course."

"J," Tony looks at the ceiling. "be a dear and get a car ready please."

"Already done, sir."

"Thanks, J."

Jarvis hums.

Percy runs over to the stairs and rushes down them. Tony shakes his head and chuckles at his antics. He walks over to the elevator and hums along to the AC/DC song playing. The elevator comes to a stop. Tony walks out just as the stair doors open and Percy jogs out. Tony looks at Percy and twirls the keys he grabbed of the key rack on his finger.

"Percy, you wanna drive?" Tony holds up his hands to stop Percy's rant. "And before you say no, the tattooist lives on a back road, there's barely any cars on the way there. It's practically a straight shot. It's the perfect place to practice some driving."

Percy hesitates for a moment, looking back and forth from the keys to the car. He bites his lip. "Are you sure? That's a really nice car."

"Ki..." Tony trails off when he receives Percy's glare. "Percy, look around. I have a ton of cars here. I have plenty to spare if we get in a wreck. It'll be fine."

———————-

Tony holds onto the seat as tight as he can. His seat belt is buckled for the first time in a while. "THIS IS NOT FINE!"

He glances at the speedometer. "PERCY, WE'RE GOING 95 IN A 30!"

Percy looks around frantically, trying in vain to press the brakes. He looks up just in time to see a deer. "MOVE!" He screams at the top of his lungs, looking at the deer in the middle of the road. "MOVE, I'M GONNA RUN YOU OVER!"

Tony's eyes widen as he looks at the deer and he grabs his seat tighter. "PRESS THE BRAKES! PRESS THE BRAKES!"

"THE BRAKES AREN'T FREAKING WORKING, UNCLE TONY!"

They both stare at the deer in the middle of the road as the car speeds towards it, screaming at the top of their lungs.

At the last second, the deer jumps out of the way.

"I DIDN'T HIT IT! I DIDN'T HIT IT!"

Tony lets out a whoop as he realizes his nephew did not in fact run a deer over. His phone vibrates and he digs it out of his pocket. "It's Steve."

He answers it. "Hey Steve. No no, we're fine." He pauses talking as listens. "We're on our way to um... an art place. Yes I'm sure."

Tony glances at Percy. "Percy pay attention to the road. Yes Steve, Percy is driving." Tony pauses, taking a deep breath. "He's doing... okay? I'm aware that sounds like a question, Rogers. I-"

"THERE'S A STOP SIGN!" Percy screams, interrupting Tony's conversation.

Tony holds the phone away from his ear. "THEN STOP!"

"DID YOU FORGET ABOUT THE BRAKES?" Percy screams as he barrels towards the stop sign.

Tony hears a voice coming from the phone and holds it up to his ear. "SHUT UP, STEVE! WE'RE FINE-"

He's cut off by Percy's scream. "WE JUST RAN A STOP SIGN!

Percy screams even louder when he realizes there's a red light. "PEOPLE!" He pushes the brakes over and over with no effect. "WE ARE NOT FINE!"