Ninety nine

"Hunt, please let Alex do the surgery. Please let him do it. This appointment is so important to us. We've had such a hard run since the plane crash. I mean, Mark and Lexie died and Arizona lost her leg. We thought Archie was gonna be an orphan, and now we're married with a baby and we want another one. Please just let him do this surgery and then suspend him once he's finished," Erin pouted as she followed Owen around the ER.

"Erin, I can't break the rules for one person because then it doesn't set a good example," Owen said.

"Please, Owen, Jo and Alex aren't the ones causing the drama. Leah Murphy was the one who filed the complaint and I think we all know it's because she's had this very weird crush on Arizona that she has never reciprocated and when Jackson fucked Stephanie over, she decided to make her move so Steph would get the blame," Erin said.

"Is that why she did it?" Owen looked at Erin curiously.

"Duh! So, it's not Alex's fault. And he and Jo are gonna be together forever. Please, just let him do this surgery. It's only one and I will personally supervise his suspension afterwards. I'll make him my scut monkey, and I'll tell Jo to stay away from him at work. I'll stop problems further down the line with them. Please, Owen?" Erin said.

"Erin, I can't," Owen sighed.

"You're so not my favourite ginger trauma surgeon. April trumps you any day," Erin muttered, stomping down the hallway.

"I'm gonna have to do this surgery, so we might have to postpone the appointment," Arizona groaned as she handed Erin a decaf coffee.

"Well, I've been pulled onto dumpster baby's case with Yang because Hunt said no and then I've just heard that he's put Meredith on the Byler's kid because she's trying to talk sense into Hunt, too, and he said no to Alex, again. I think I'm gonna just kick Hunt's ass into gear," Erin said.

"I'd love to see you do that, baby," Arizona chuckled, kissing Erin's cheek.

"Thanks, my love," Erin said. Her pager beeped and she looked down. "Oh, Cristina needs to see me. I'll find you later?" Erin said.

"Did you postpone the appointment?" Arizona said.

"Yeah. The next one we can get is in two days," Erin said.

"Two days?" Arizona pouted.

"She's a good OB, in high demand," Erin said. Arizona nodded.

"Makes sense. I'm kind of dying to know, though," Arizona said.

"Me, too," Erin said. She sighed and looked down at her rings. "Hey," she said.

"Yeah?" Arizona asked.

"I think I know a way for Alex and Jo to be together," Erin said.

"What?" Arizona said.

"We got married. Well, legally partnered. That's kind of like a contract, a declaration of love," Erin said.

"I'm not following," Arizona said.

"What if they sign something saying they're in a relationship? That'll make it all go away because they won't be fraternizing because they're together," Erin said.

"It could work," Arizona nodded.

"I am a genius," Erin smiled, skipping off to see if HR could make a declaration of love form.

"She's not gonna sign this," Alex cried, waving the paper as Erin made dinner for the inhabitants of the house that night.

"It's a solution, Alex. Hunt wouldn't budge but I am pretty persuasive when HR needs me to be. Sign this, it all goes away," Erin said.