Chapter 18: Life Goes On

2 months.

It's been 2 months since I left London.

I've been living in my big empty beach house all alone for two months. My dad is supposed to come home in two more months, but that's still a while from now. Claire, Hailey, Tori, Kaitlyn, and a few of my other friends occasionally come over and hang out, but lately we've all been really busy.

I started conditioning for the US National Soccer team last week. It's for five hours for five days a week, but its worth going to. I've already met most of my new teammates and they are all really nice and good players. But I still really miss getting to play with Power.

Harry called me last night on Skype. I was happy to see those four smiling faces at me. Yes, only four. Apparently, Louis was out at a 'party' with some old friends. What friends would he have in New York? He's been there what, three times? Whatever. I wasn't going to worry about it. Harry told me how much fun they were having and how much they wished I was there, but I seriously doubted that.

I hadn't talk to Louis too much. He called me three times a day, every day, for the first two weeks. Then soccer started, and I guess the tour got crazy. We just kind of, fell apart. But I can't say I didn't see this coming. Because I did.

Today has been pretty lame. I woke up, took a shower, and now I'm waiting for Claire, Hailey, Tori, and Kaitlyn to come over. They want to throw me a big party for my twentieth birthday in about three weeks. I'm not that into it. I guess I'm just not in a party mood right now. I think I actually miss Louis. My doorbell finally rang and I could here them all talking outside. I opened my door to find my four best friends with their laptops, a binder, and two notebooks.

"Looks like you're planning a wedding or something!" I laughed, letting them in. We all sat down at my dining room table and they organized all their stuff into different areas of the large glass table.

"Well I'm sure that won't be far off knowing you and Louis!" Claire joked and everyone laughed.

"Psh, I doubt that. I haven't even talked to him in like a month."

"What? Last time I checked you talked to him every day until two in the morning!" Tori shouted.

"Yeah, well I guess I finally got too boring for him." I shrugged, sitting down at the table and trying to get everyone to stop talking about this subject.

"Oh, okay then. So what theme should you're party be? I definitely want it to be in your backyard, since it will be June and hot." Hailey said, grabbing a notebook and a pen.

"I don't know, and I really don't care. You're the party planners, you decide. But please, don't go too crazy. I'm not rolling in money, you know?" I smiled, getting up and heading into the kitchen to grab the snacks I planned to give out.

I was putting some chips in a bowl when I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I pulled it out and did a double take when I read what was on the screen. It was a text, from Louis. I opened it up and read it:

Hey, haven't talked in a while. I miss you(: -Lou

Doubt it. I put the phone back in my pocket and headed back into the dining room where they were all screeching and giggling about something.

"What's happening in here?" I lifted my eyebrows and sat back down, putting the chips on the table.

"Nothing, just talking." Tori said quickly. I hate secrets.

"Oooookaaaayyy, so have you come up with any ideas?" I asked, taking a Cheeto and sticking it in my mouth.

"Yeah! Claire found this really cool article about a masquerade dance! We could set up the dance floor on your back patio since it's so big, and we could get a DJ, it would be so fun!" Kaitlyn shows me the article. I read it quickly, sounds cool.