Chapter 160

The students were all excited for the upcoming Hogsmeade visit, glad to be able to escape their classes and studies for a day and just enjoy themselves, buying sweets and drinking Butterbeer with friends.

    Jenna wasn't sure if it was a good idea for all the kids to leave the castle, given the state of things, specially now that Dumbledore had gone away for some reason and wasn't at the castle, and no one knew why.

When Jenna spoke with McGonagall about this matter, and she reassured her that there were many Aurors stationed in the village, patrolling all the streets and alleys.

    Despite McGonagall's reassurance, Jenna still didn't feel fully relaxed, and had to go to Hogsmeade to see it for herself. That day, she had taken the form of a random middle-aged witch, after sneaking out of the castle in her cat form.

     For some reason, Jenna had a bad feeling. Perhaps it was because of the bitter cold and the snowy wether, or maybe it was because she hadn't found peace within herself ever since Voldemort had returned.

    She was about to follow the rest of the students down the village, but just then Jenna saw Tonks standing outside the gates of Hogwarts, looking around carefully with her wand in her hand.

    Jenna had missed talking with people, specially a friend, so she wrapped her cloak more tightly around her before walking toward where Tonks stood.

    "Hey," Jenna whispered when she reached her. "It's me, Jenna."

    Tonks looked at her up and down, but as an Auror she'd been taught not to trust someone this easily, afraid that they would be an imposter.

    "Prove it," Tonks said firmly, still watching Jenna closely.

     "Er... Remus is a dick?" Jenna tried with a goofy grin, making Tonks chuckle.

    "Yeah, okay, it's you." Tonks grinned, looking slightly more relaxed, though she kept looking around, searching for any sign of trouble near the gates.

     "You must be feeling really cold," Jenna said sympathetically, watching her breath turn into mist even as she spoke.

    "Nah, it's fine." Tonks shook the matter off with a careless shake of her hand. "I've drank a potion that keeps my body warm. You, on the other hand, look like you're gonna turn into ice any moment now."

    "True." Jenna laughed with a nod, already shivering. "So how's it been going?"

    She didn't want to mention the Order of the Phoenix, because she was afraid that someone might overhear their conversation. They had to be cautious of the things they said.

     "Nothing much." Tonks shrugged, but then she grinned, saying, "Your nephew couldn't even wait to step into Hogwarts without causing trouble, could he?"

     Jenna blinked a few times in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

    "Didn't you know?" Tonks raised her brows in surprise. "On their first night here, when the Hogwarts express arrived at the station and everyone left up to the castle, I went to patrol the compartments, and found Harry there with his nose broken and bleeding, under the influence of the Full Body-Bind curse, and hidden under his Invisibility Cloak."

    "WHAT?" Jenna's jaw nearly dropped in shock, her heart beating rapidly. "What the hell had happened?"

    "He didn't say, just that it was Draco Malfoy who had done it."

    "Malfoy? The little ferret boy?"

    "Yeah, that's the young man."

    Jenna shook her head furiously. "I can't believe this."

    Tonks scoffed. "From what I've heard about the troubles you and James made at Hogwarts, did you really expect Harry to behave like an angel? Trouble runs in his blood."

    "Well... I was actually hoping that he would take after Lily and not get into too much trouble." Jenna sighed. "Anyway, how's everything going at the Ministry —"

    But her words were cut off when from the distant they saw Hagrid rushing toward the gate, carrying an unconscious girl in his arms.

"Hagrid! What happened!?" Tonks asked hastily, meanwhile Jenna only stared at the girl with wide eyes, horror washing all over her.

"No time to explain. I have to get her to the Hospital Wing," said Hagrid, rushing past them and making his way up to the castle.

***

As quick as she could, Jenna walked into one of the deserted alleyways of Hogsmeade in the form of the middle-ahed witch, before transforming back to Crookshanks. She then made her way up to the castle as fast as her little ginger paws could carry her.

    Jenna reached McGonagall's office, though she took a step back and hid herself behind the wall when at the exact moment Harry, Ron, and Hermione left the office along with a another girl whose face Jenna didn't see.

    Why are you three always involved when something happens? Jenna thought to herself gloomily.

     After they were out of sight, Crookshanks sneaked into the room. Making sure that McGonagall was the only one inside, she transformed into her human form behind the door, before closing it and casting many enchantments on it so no one could walk in or overhear them.

     "Potter? What are you doing here?" McGonagall asked, surprised. "I suppose you've heard?"

    "No, not really. I just saw Hagrid carrying the girl up to the castle," said Jenna briskly, walking toward the professor. "What happened?"

    "It was Katie Bell. She was... she was carrying a cursed necklace and touched it on accident. Apparently she didn't know what it was," said McGonagall, looking extremely distressed. "It's lucky she's even alive."

    Jenna couldn't believe what she was hearing, "How did she even end up with a cursed necklace?"

    "Her friend said that Katie had gone to the bathroom, but when she returned, she had the package with her."

    "But — but Katie's such a down-to-earth girl. I can't imagine anyone who would want to bring her harm, let alone kill her!"

    "That's the thing, Potter," McGonagall shook her head, worry obvious in her eyes, "the package wasn't meant for Katie. She was supposed to deliver it to someone else."

    Jenna frowned. "Who?"

    McGonagall paused for a second, before saying in a small voice, "It was meant for Dumbledore."