ㅡ『1』

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
Chapter 1
The Party
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

     SEBASTIAN CAELUM DONOVAN was a young man living in Venice, Italy. He considered his life as a good one. A well off and loving family. A steady lifestyle if that's what you would call it.

     Although Sebastian was a very attractive man, he couldn't find a serious or long term relationship in his life. Yes, he would date some women that his father begged him to go out with, but that was it. No one really piqued his interest.

     The ladies weren't boring nor ugly, no. They came from high status families in Italy and they actually do clean up well. However, not one of them gave him butterflies to the stomach, like the novels he liked to read, no one made him feel like there was a connection, and not a single one made him feel like he needed them.

     Sebastian's father was of course disappointed, but nonetheless let him be.

     However, their simplistic living ended with on horrible dinner. Men with blood red eyes entered their home without notice. They had a certain aura to themselves. They stood tall and proud, like how a predator would while hunting their prey.

     It all ended with a simple statement, "Let the feast begin."

     Excruciating screams echoed throughout the halls as people desperately tried to escape the room. Bodies dropping after one another with a deep wound on their necks.

     That's what they did. Draining their bodies until they've gone pale as they screamed in wretched agony.

     Sebastian stood there unmoving. He watched as his mother lay limp on the floor with wide eyes and tear stained face. His father's screams echoed through the mansion, until they've stopped and he too lay dead.

     He felt helpless. This is something he couldn't stop.

     "We're sorry to intrude a peaceful family dinner, truly we are." said one of the Crimson Eyed men before he reappeared in front of him.

     Cold, marble-like hands gripped his neck as he struggled to breathe. The red eyed man cackling at the sight in front of him.

     "Before you become a cadaver, would you like to take a guess of what we are?" The man asked

It didn't take a genius to know what these creatures are. White pale skin, cold to the touch and drinking blood. There were attacks reported everywhere. People dropping like flies, a lacerated neck. Everything gave it away.

"V-vam...pire" Sebastian replied in a shallow breath. "Monster!"

     "Splendid!" And with that, excruciating pain spread throughout his body. Cold hands left his neck as he squirmed on the floor with the burning sensation spreading out. "But I'm afraid your time is up."

     A few hours took before it finally stopped. Opening his once tightly shut eyes, Sebastian was taken aback when things became suddenly so clear? Dust particles floating in the air, the ant that was walking to the window a few feet from him.

     Not to mention the incredible hearing that he has. He quickly stood up and to his surprise, he didn't feel any pain at all. Searching his body for injuries, but there were still none.