c h a p t e r - s e v e n t e e n

My eyes shot open as the glaring California sun peered into the room I was in. I groaned and held my head as I sat up slightly. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked around the unfamiliar setting before last nights memories started coming back. The main thing I remembered was that I had the best sex of my life.
I noticed the space next to me was empty as I stood up. I looked in the floor length mirror in front of the bed noting I was wearing one of Steph's jerseys and the many scattered bruises on my neck and chest. I smiled slightly before heading downstairs, hearing noises coming from the kitchen. I followed the smell of breakfast. I leaned in the walkway to enter the kitchen enjoying the sight of Steph scrambling to finish plating all the food.

He turned to the fridge, noticing me out of the corner of his eye.
"Oh shit! London you scared me, goodmorning."

"Goodmorning Chef Curry." I smiled, still scanning the food he made.

He smiled, leaning in to kiss me.

I slightly backed away.
"Morning breath."

"I don't care." He smiled, kissing me anyways.

I kissed back, looking back at the spread he made.
"What's all this?"

"Well I wanted to surprise you but you woke up earlier than expected." He chuckled.

Who would ever want to lose this man?

Stephen

I turned to finish plating her food when I felt her arms wrap around my waist and hug me. I smiled, loving that she could finally be this close to me.

"Thank you." She smiled, kissing my shoulder.

I hadn't felt this kind of affection in a while..
The doorbell ringing interrupted our moment and I sighed.
"I'll get that."

She nodded, grabbing her plate.
"I'll be in the dining room."

The doorbell kept ringing and I furrowed my eyebrows, running to the door and opening it to see a concerned Klay.

He quickly walked in and looked around.
"You good man? I've been blowing your phone up."

I nodded.
"Yeah. I'm fine-. Oh you saw the news?"

"Saw? I'm pretty sure everyone saw it. I told Dray and Kev not to come in case you were a mess but yeah, its blasted on every gossip site. Is it true?"

"You saw the pictures didn't you. What did you think?" I said, closing the door behind him.

"I never thought she would do that man. You okay? How you feeling? You want to hang out?" He asked, walking to the kitchen.

My eyes widened as I realized London was sitting in the room right across from him. He grabbed a beer as I shook my head.
"I appreciate that man but I think I'm good, I'd rather be alone right now. You know?"

He nodded, looking around.
"You made breakfast huh?"

"Yeah, it gave me something to focus on."

"That's a lot for just you."

I furrowed my eyebrows.
"What-"

"Who's car is in the driveway?"

I sighed.
"A guest."

He smirked, walking around and before I could call him back, he walked right up to her.

London

I was deep into my second pancake when I heard another deep voice in the house. I raised an eyebrow before looking up and seeing Klay Thompson standing in front of me. He had a wide smirk on his face as Steph quickly walked in behind him just in time for Klay to turn to him.
"Busted." Klay smiled. "Hi I'm his best friend, you must be-"