Chapter 4- Study Session

Chapter 4-Study Session

Marinette was an hour into a study session when she heard footsteps on her roof. She had kinda been hoping that Chat would show up tonight but there was no way to be sure. There was a quiet knock on the trap door and Marinette got up to open it, checking her appearance in the mirror to make sure she looked decent.
She opened the door for Chat, who was standing above her with a massive smile. "Hey princess, miss me?"
"Princess? Is that nickname sticking?" Marinette asked as she climbed back down the ladder into her room followed by Chat.
"Absolutely it suits you purr-fectly" Chat said winking at her, "and while you very skillfully dodged the question I still noticed so again, did you miss me?
"Who wouldn't miss a pun making super hero who mysteriously shows up at their house?" Marinette said, sitting back down on her bed. Chat smiled but didn't sit down next to her. "So how are you doing?"
"I'm paw-sitively pawsome!" Chat said, laughing at his own puns.
Marinette rolled her eyes. "You're puns are cat-astrophic Chat!"
"Oh dang, cat-astrophic, that's a good one!" Chat said, "I may have to steal that one.:" Marinette let out a little laugh, before Chat asked how she was doing.
"I'm pretty good, a little busy though," She said gesturing to the pile of papers on her bed.
"What are you doing?" Chat asked, looking over her shoulder to see her desk littered with papers.
"Well I'm attempting to do my Calculus homework, but I'm just wasting paper," Marinette said walking to go sit back at her desk.
"Maybe I can help?" Chat suggested, "I'm pretty good with claw-culations."
Marinette groaned, "That one was terrible."
"Too much?" Chat askede.
"Just a little," Marinette responded.
"Well the delivery may have been flawed but the message was legit, I can totally help if you want."
"Oh I don't want to bore you," Marinette said, "You didn't come over here to help me with my Calculus homework."
"Sure I did," Chat said, "I just came over to hang out with you. Plus, I like math."
Marinette paused thoughtfully. "Okay well, if you think that you can figure out how to do this, be my guest," she said, gesturing to the papers on her pile.
Chat walked over to her bed, "do you mind if I sit?"
"Yeah of course be my guest," Marinette said, moving some papers over so that he had a place to sit. He sat down and picked up the top paper on the stack which had equations and many crossed out answers.
"Ah! Derivatives!" Chat said, looking at the homework he had done less than an hour before, "I think I remember these."
"Thank god someone understands them because I do not."
"I can see that," Chat said, looking at Marinette's many wrong answers."
"Hey, rude." Marinette said, "are you going to help me or just judge me?"
"And I can't do both?" Chat asked playfully looking up at Marinette.
"Nope," she said, "It's one or the other, they unfortunately cannot happen simultaneously."
"Well then, I suppose I'll help." Chat said, scooting closer to her so that they could both see the paper. "Well let's start with the first problem..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours and one mental breakdown from Marinette later her math homework was done.
"That was legitimately the worst thing I ever had to do," Marinette said, flopping onto her bed dramatically.
"Come on, it wasn't that bad! It's only math!" Chat said, still sitting next to a sprawled-out Marinette.
"iT'S oNLy mAtH," Marinette said mockingly. "Only math my ass, that was torture."
Chat laughed, "Okay fine it was pretty bad, but you don't think you're being a touch dramatic?"
"No I don't," Marinette said, then she thought back to something she had been wondering about earlier that day at lunch. "I have a question."
"I have an answer, let's see if they match."
"Are your eyes green in real life? Like in your civilian form?"
"Well my answer was cacti but yes they are. Why?"
"Oh my friend is trying to figure out who you are and she was saying that we really don't know anything about what you might look like cause people's appearances change when they become villains so why not heroes?"
"Oh, Alya?" Chat asked, "yeah she makes a good point but I do have green eyes in my civilian form."
Marinette slowly sits up and looks at Chat. "How did you know I was talking about Alya?"
Chat's eyes widened, "Oh I didn't, I just assumed. Cause I know she writes the Ladyblog and you're on there sometimes and I know you're friends so, it was just an educated guess."
Marinette laughed, "you have better deductive reasoning skills than I gave you credit for."
"Rude." Chat said, "I'm more than just a pretty face and hot body Marinette."
Marinette snorted and whacked him with the nearest pillow. "Oh shut up, you know what I meant."
"I do," Chat said, "I guess my incredible deductive reasoning skills are at it again."
"Don't start getting cocky now, Chat, it's not a good look," Marinette said and winked at him.
"So is it a good thing?" Chat asked.
"Is what a good thing?"
"Is it a good thing that I have green eyes?" Chat asked.
"Oh," Marinette said, thinking for a moment. "Yeah, it's a good thing. I like your eyes. They're pretty."
"Oh good," Chat said, blushing slightly under his mask, he wasn't sure what he was expecting her answer to be, probably something sassy, but he definitely wasn't expecting to be called pretty. Or have his eyes called pretty.
Marinette laid back down on her bed, staring up at her ceiling. "God Alya would flip if she knew that you read the Ladyblog."
"Yeah?"
"Definitely, she's devoted, like, most of her life for the past 2 years to reporting on you and Ladybug. She talks about you guys constantly. She's even trying to figure out your civilian identities right now."
"You should tell her." Chat said.
Marinette looked up alarmed. Tell her what? His civilian identity? No she didn't know his identity. That she was Ladybug? That she had been lying to her best friend for years? Wait how did Chat know she was Ladybug? How had she been so obvious? Had she given herself away already?
"You know," Chat continued, "That I read it."
Marinette gave an internal sigh of relief. Then took a moment to process what Chat had actually meant and looked up at him as if he had grown a second head. "I should tell her?"
"Yeah."
"Let me get this straight, you think that I should tell my best friend that not only do I know and talk to one of the two people who she has been attempting to track down for the past 2 years but that he is following her reporting?"
"Yeah, why not?" Chat asked.
"Well for one thing there isn't a chance that she believes me."
"Why not?"
"Because the truth is kinda strange, Chat. I mean the savior of Paris shows up on my balcony the other day and then stays to play video games?"
"Well I'm not the savior of Paris, that's Ladybug, I'm just her sidekick."
"That's not true!" Marinette said, suddenly getting very defensive. "You're not a sidekick! You and Ladybug are partners, teammates, neither one of you could do what yall do without the other. I doubt she would even be here today if it weren't for you! So I don't want to hear you saying stuff like that anymore okay?"
Chat looked at Marinette surprised. He didn't think that anyone thought of Chat Noir as anything other than Ladybugs sidekick, he didn't even think of himself as anything other than Ladybugs sidekick.
"Do you understand me? Don't sell yourself short Chat, you are just as much of a hero as Ladybug."
"I've got it, I'm amazing." Chat said, rolling his eyes playfully.
Marinette sighed frustratedly, "I'm serious Chat!"
Chat looked at Marinette again, why was she so stuck on this? I mean sure he was a hero in his own way but he was nothing without Ladybug. Though he had to admit, it was nice to see someone care about him the way that she did.
"Thank you, princess." Chat said smiling.
"You're welcome." Marinette said and smiled at Chat. Her phone buzzed with a text from Alya and Marinette suddenly realised the time. "Shit."
"What's wrong?" Chat asked.
"I really don't want to rush you out, but I need to go to bed. I have a tendency to sleep in and if I miss any more school I honestly think my parents are going to kill me."
"Skipping school?" Chat asked incredulously, "who knew you were such a rebel?"
"Oh shut up." Marinette said with a giggle.
"It's all good, I have school tomorrow too, so I need to get going anyway." Chat said as he stood up and headed to the ladder. Marinette followed him up to her balcony to see him off. "I guess I'll see you soon... if thats okay with you?"
"Of course Chat!" Marinette said, "I really like hanging out with you."
Chat smiled and turned to leave, though he was surprised to feel a hand on his shoulder. He turned around to see that Marinette was mere inches away from him.
She blushed and took a step back to give him some space, "sorry, er- well- I um, do you have a phone?"
Chat raised an eyebrow and smirked, "Marinette Dupain-Cheng are you asking me for my number?"
"Well I guess- er- but not like that!" Marinette said defensively. "I mean if this is going to be a regular thing... I need a way to be able to tell you if I'm going to be busy or something." She said, and Chat looked at her thoughtfully. She interpreted this as hesitation to give her his number, though really he was just trying to figure out how he would explain that if he put his number in his phone it would come up as Adrien.
"How about this, because I can't have you finding out my civilian identity, so I'll going to go home and make a new email address, then I'll email you first so that you have my new email address."
Marinette thought about it for a moment, "Okay." She said and wrote down her number and handed it to him. Chat kissed her hand and then pressed a button on his staff and flew off into the night.
A/N sorry I know the last couple chapters didn't have very much Marichat in them so here you go
Words- 1800
QOTC- what is your favorite song rn?
AOTC- no body no crime by taylor swift