Chapter 12; Opening

George's red cape dragged across the ground behind him, threads sprouting small spotted fungi across the fabric that bloomed like flowers. Travelling up to the shrubbery lining around his shoulders and neck.

The man looked up to the sky, shading his eyes from the sun with his hand. He'd lost track of what his friend beside him was saying as they walked along the wooden Prime Path together, passing by the country of L'manberg. The rivaling country seemed to be changing more and more these days.

It looked more developed and full of life. Friendly faces were always about, and small homes spotted across the lands. Shops on corners were opening and it seemed like a happy little community was flourishing.

Such a long way the country had come.

"George, I don't know what to do." Sapnap's voice broke George's train of thought and he looked over at the man.

What were they speaking of again?

Tommy. That's right. The loud mouthed child that burned down his home and had been exiled for it. George had no remorse for that, Tommy had deserved it, he was always causing problems for the Greater SMP area and his own country. He was a nuisance.

Something about Dream though, Dream had done something wrong.

What was it?

"I'm sorry Sapnap, I spaced out." George chuckled innocently and Sapnap just sighed, putting his face in his hand. "Dream did something?"

"Dream is fucking..." Sapnap looked around, voice dropping as he leaned in closer to George. "He's hitting Tommy." Sapnap leaned away, voice returning to it's normal volume. "I don't think it's just once either, you should've seen, George... It was like... I don't know. I've never seen Dream like that."

"Dream has pushed Tommy to the verge of death twice now." George reminded Sapnap, glancing over at the man. "They fought in wars, Sapnap. How is that so different?"

"It's- It..." Sapnap dragged his hand down his face, looking out in front of himself as they continued their stroll through the neighboring country. "Tommy can't even defend himself. It's different, George."

"Maybe I just don't see it how you do." George said, glancing down to the water below the docks their feet tapped gently across. The waves reflected the sun prettily while they swayed in the gentle breeze.

"I just mean... He's a kid okay, and he can't defend himself, and Dream just throws him around. He hit him so hard George. He-he gave him a fucking concussion." Sapnap explained, hoping if he gave more details that George would begin to understand the point he was getting at.

George furrowed his brow, still looking at the water. He crouched down and dipped his hand in, watching the fish below come up to nibble at his fingertips, expecting for food.

"You're right." George nodded. "The situation is much different. Have you talked to him?"

"Yeah." Sapnap sighed, crossing his arms behind his head as he watched his friend, this kind of zoned out behaviour was normal from him now. George always seemed in a state of half awakeness, on the cusp of his dreams and reality.

The two had begun to blend for the man.

"What did he say?"

"He said he wouldn't do it again." Sapnap said, frowning. "I don't know if I can believe him."

"That's the most you can ask for, right? His word. Dream has never been one to lie." George said, leaning up and took a seat on the wooden boards of the dock, placing his legs to dangle over the body of water.