21 || Promises

Edited: 07.11.2022

Song: Arz - Alone With You (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Giana

I always hated people who were never direct. People who would only beat around the bush. People who never said it how it was.

But you know what was worse?

People that never even mentioned it. Those people were avoiders.

I hated avoiders. They made my life a living hell because I was a very direct person. I wanted problems dealt with there and then.

Alessio? He was direct, blunt and he never sugar coated anything. I mean it was a given for someone like him. He was powerful, strong and knew what he wanted.

Except it seems that when it came to me, he threw that all out the fucking window.

It had been two days since that night, and in those two very long, excruciatingly lonely days he had been avoiding me. I'll admit for a good part of the first day I had also been avoiding him, but that was out of pure embarrassment and humiliation.

I woke the next morning looking back and my actions from the night before and cringing.

The man outright rejected me in the worst way possible, broke my heart and my coochie. I mean he didn't even let me finish.

I was more angry than I was anything else. I was so close to getting my first ever orgasm - at the hands of someone else. Yet he just... stopped, disregarding me without a care in the world.

At first I was waiting for him to apologize.

Apologize for not finishing me off, for being so rough. Only now that desire had morphed into waiting for him to talk to me, say something, anything.

But he never did. In fact, he didn't even speak to me.

Not once did he look my way, greet me in the morning, ask how I was doing or even acknowledge me for that matter.

Which was why I was dreading today.

I was to accompany the man to another one of Arnold's events, this one being a brunch at the country club and I was only informed last minute by Liam.

Alessio had sent Liam to let me know. He couldn't even tell me himself.

I was tempted to let my inner brat out and not go. But then I realized this stupid deal was really important to Alessio and I didn't want to jeopardize it over my petty feelings.

And so, I decided to do the mature thing and get ready and go.

The dress code was on the classy side with a slightly casual spin. I had opted for a simple soft pale yellow dress, one that was flattering yet somewhat modest. Paired with a small designer bag and classic heels.

I pinned half of my hair back with a ribbon and added gold jewelry to top off the look. I felt and looked like a true princess. 

Only this princess was currently waiting for her prince at the foot of the staircase.

Alessio was taking his time, and by time, I meant he took longer than I did to get ready. And I was someone who spent an hour on my makeup alone.

But when the thud of footsteps trailing down the stairs sounds, I bolt up and turn to smile up at the handsome man moving down towards me like a God sent.

I wanted the awkward tension between us to go away.

I look up at the man, it seems like that's all I've been doing in the past few days with him. Looking - no touching, no talking and it makes my stomach turn.