< LVII >

Neveah Aurora North:

The bed feels emptier as I roll to the other side and I slowly open my eyes. Leya isn't lying next to me anymore. 

I glance around the room and wipe my eyes, trying to rub the sleep out of them as I search for her in the room. But she's not in here. Where did she go? 

I climb out of bed and walk to the bathroom. The big mirror covering the wall startles me. I look like absolute shit. Bruises running up and down my arm and my eyes are puffy from all the crying last night. 

I said that I wasn't going to cry with Cataleya, she had enough tears for the both of us, but I couldn't help it. 

The way she spoke about him simply made my heart ache. So I cried. 

I get why she felt stupid for believing he fell for her, but I don't think it's stupid. I would've thought the exact same and, even as an outsider, I kind of did think he was falling for her. 

But I guess not. 

When I'm done brushing my teeth and changing into other clothes, a simple shirt with shorts, I head to the hall. Where the fuck is Leya? 

I hear talking coming from the kitchen and quickly glance at the living room to see if she's there, but nothing, so I head towards the kitchen. 

'So we need more supplies but we can't get them from Spain anymore?' It's Tiago and Rio. They're talking about supplies. 'We can, we just have to be more cautious.' Rio answers, stopping when he sees me. 

Tiago slowly turns around and smiles at me. 'Goodmorning cara, how did you sleep?' 

I take a deep breath to take them both in. They both look like a mess. Like they haven't slept at all. Like they've been trying to come up with a solution to our new problem the entire night. 

But I can't look at Rio seriously. 

The man who is feared by so many fears something as simple as love. He's afraid of letting people in because they become a weakness to the ones around them. 

But I fight the urge to shout at him because I promised Cataleya I wouldn't. I promised I wouldn't get involved in their shit. 

'I slept fine, where is Leya?' Rio chuckles while Tiago sighs deeply, turning in his chair so that he can look at me. 'I think we need to talk-' 'Where is she?' 

I'm not in the mood to talk to Tiago right now. Especially not when Cataleya just got her heart shattered by his idiot cousin. 

Last night was wild. First Tiago came to our room to talk. He woke me up to talk. Idiot. 

And just as I was done ranting at him, Leya came running into the house. I asked him to give us some time and he did. He left. Allowing me to talk to her again. Just like old times. 

But in different circumstances. 

Normally, it's me who has her heart crushed by some boy I met a week before. But now it's the other way around. It's Cataleya who got her heart broken this time. And I feel sorry for her. 

'She's in the living room North.' Rio answers, making me glare at him. I nod, grab a bottle of water, and head to the living room. 'Neveah.' 

I come to a stop and slowly turn around, stepping back because I need to get to Leya. 

'Not now Tiago, please. I need to-' 'Make sure you're ready to leave tomorrow morning.' Rio states, making me turn to him again. 'Why, we just got here?'