Chapter Two

Izuku P.O.V. (Time skip to present day)

It's been three years since my parents died.

Three.

Long.

Years.

They say pain gets better with time, but it still feels like I'm on that roof three years ago. I still feel the crushing sensation that I did when the police officer told me that my parents' case is cold. The pain of the stares and the rumors.

"Hey that's the kid with the dead parents, right?"

"Yeah, you know what I heard? He killed his parents!"

"Really? Well, that's not really surprising since he has that villain quirk."

I can't help but scoff at them. What sick bastards actually believe that a kid would kill their parents for no reason other than because of their quirk?

But it's fine, I've learned to thrive off the pain. In fact, I can't imagine living without it at this point. Its why I get good grades, it's what motivates me to find the man who killed my parents.

I walked into the door of my foster parents' house. "Hey Izuku! How was school?" I nodded at my foster dad sitting on the couch. "it was fine." I walked upstairs to do my homework and take a nap before I leave tonight, like I do every night.

I like these foster parents. Typically, I don't stay with people long. Maybe for a couple months. Because no one wants to deal with the sad broken kid with murdered parents who sneaks out at night. So, they make up lies about me to get me out of their house. My social worker called me "quite the nuisance."

Not that it matters. It's not liked these people could ever make me feel better. It's not like they could be anywhere close to my actual parents. The only people in this world who cared.

(Time skip a few hours)

I got dressed in what I usually wear every night when I go out to look for leads to my parent's killer. All black hoodie, sweat pants, ankle high socks, and tennis shoes. I also wear a white bandana so all you can see is my white glowing eyes and my bangs.

I looked into the mirror and activated my quirk so my eyes would go white and a hue would come off of them. All I saw was a skeleton of the boy I used to be. A skeleton full of rage, hatred, and the desire for revenge.

I clenched my fist and fought back the tears. "I'm sorry mom... and dad.... I know this is not how you would want me to live. But I can't help it. I can't live my life without finding who toke you from me."

I took a deep breath and whispered my parents' name a few times. Trying to see if they would answer. But they didn't. They never do. I don't understand why. "Why would they not want to talk to me?" I pushed down the sinking pit feeling in my stomach as I climbed up the window and activated my mom's quirk to lift me up and put me on the roof of the building nearby.

I started running and activating my mom's quirk as I hop from roof to roof. I've been training their quirks since they died. My mom could only lift small objects, I didn't know it was possible for her to lift me until she did that night. And my dad's flame wasn't very hot. But now I can lift objects as large as I want, and objects as heavy as a few times my body weight. I can also break things with the telekinesis and make them into different objects. Like I can crush a rock into the shape of a mini stone arrow. And my dad's flame is orangish yellow color. Of course, this is only possible when I'm pushing myself to my limit.