119

Three days later...

"Miss! Have you heard the news?" Marie jumped with excitement as she pulled open the curtains.

"Marie, I have just woken up. Tell me what happened..." Angelina, who was wearing her nightgown, sat up and rubbed her tired eyes.

"Miss, the foreign princess from the kingdom of Lina, who is leading the envoys, has arrived and it's said that her highness will stay here for the rest of her visit!" Marie started with a serious but laughable expression.

"She's staying here? My... It will be very troublesome..." Angelina sighed.

*************

"Princess Cecilia, rumors of her stubborn and hardheaded personality spread throughout the empire... I wonder what gave her the bravery to come here..." Evelina chuckled while Lia brushed her hair.

"Many have guessed that the princess is not here to merely lead the envoys. Some say she's an offering to his majesty the Emperor by the Lina kingdom." Lia said with eyes full of ridicule.

"An offering? Pfft... Hahahaha! How stupid is the Lina kingdom? Offering a princess to be his Majesty's new concubine when their other princess is the one who caused all this trouble in the first place! Hahah!" Evelina laughed as she mocked.

"They are truly desperate..." Lia joined Evelina in mocking the Lina Kingdom.

"Oh this will be interesting... I heard Princess Cecilia isn't a very obedient and quiet lady. I'm expecting quite the show..." Evelina sneered excitingly.

*************

"Ugh... I don't like the princess. I've met her and she's very rude!" Rienne complained.

"Perhaps that's because you're rude to her as well." Arianna retorted with a cold and indifferent expression.

"H-hey! That... Yeah you're right..." Rienne wanted to defend herself at first but she soon realized Arianna was most probably right...

"I'm always right." Arianna sipped her tea with a noble expression.

"... Okay don't let your head get too big." Rienne scoffed.

**************

That mansion was in a ruckus. After all, a foreign princess will be staying! All the servants were put to work. They all gave their best efforts to make sure the mansion was spotless.

Angelina assumed that the Emperor ordered the envoys to stay at the Skyler estate for the reason that he didn't fully trust them. But there is a possibility that the Empress is the one who persuaded the Emperor to make the decision.

The Skyler family waited for the envoys in the lobby. It took fifteen minutes for the carriages of the envoys to arrive.

The Skyler family walked out to greet them.

The first to step off the main carriage was a middle aged man. Then a beautiful young woman stepped out while holding the man's hand for support. After them, the doors of the other carriages opened and the servants came out, carrying luggage.

Usually, the duke should be the first to offer words of greetings. But this time it's different. The envoys are the ones who will be apologizing and compensating the imperial family, there was no need for the duke to lower and humble himself.

"Greetings to the noble Skyler family." The middle aged man bowed while the young lady beside him gave a light curtsy. "I am count Waltster and this is our kingdom's princess, princess Cecilia Brionna Lina."