Chapter 191: Let's Run, Fox (VII)

After the adulthood ceremony, Mutu’s prestige within the tribe was visibly higher. The tribesmen’s attitude to him subtly became more respectful. Shang Ke was also gradually accepted by most of the lions due to the favor the Lion King bestows upon him. He no longer needed to do the most laborious work, instead his time was arranged by Mutu.

    穆图作为狮王,不必每天出去狩猎,主要职责是镇守部落,保护族群。但穆图不是一个安于享乐的人,他认为只有战斗才能让人更快地成长起来,获得更加强大的力量。

As the Lion King, Mutu did not need to go out and hunt each day. His main duty was to defend the tribe and protect his people. But Mutu was not someone who would just sit and let the days pass by. He was someone that believed that only battle could let someone grow and become even stronger.

    自从上次利用骡牛驱逐雉狗之后,穆图就对骑术产生了兴趣。他敏锐地发现这是一种新的战斗方式,并且具有很大的杀伤力,所以他决定亲自尝试一下,看看能否驯服一批骡牛,成立一支骡牛骑战队。

Ever since they had used the loch bulls to drive away the avanis, Mutu’s interest in bullmanship was piped. He keenly sensed that this was a new way to fight and was a very strong one. As such, he decided to personally try and tame a bull to make a bull-riding battle squad.

    雉狗残杀他的族人,侵犯他的领地,穆图不可能就这样放过他们。但寒季即将来临,族人都在忙着储备食物,暂时没有多少时间和精力去找雉狗报仇。

The avanis have massacred his tribesmen and infringed on his territory, there was no way Mutu could let them off. But winter was quickly arriving and they became busy with stocking food. They had neither time nor energy to get revenge at the moment.

    卡洛奇山的寒季非常诡异,天气寒冷和食物匮乏还是次要的,真正恐怖的是神出鬼没的死亡旋冰。死亡旋冰就像一股股小旋风,来无影去无踪,只要被它们刮到,就会在瞬间冻成冰柱。无论是多么强大的生物,在死亡旋冰面前都不堪一击,唯一活命的办法只有一个字——逃。

The winter season of Kaloch Mountain was very strange. Cold temperature and lack of food were secondary worries, the main worry were the dangerous ice tornadoes. Ice tornadoes were like miniature whirlwinds, they came without warning and left without warning. As long as someone was touched by them, they would immediately be frozen into a popsicle. No matter how large a creature was, they couldn’t live in the face of an ice tornado. The only way to survive was one word—run.

    所以卡洛奇山的生物,很少在寒季出来活动,特别是死亡旋冰最活跃的最后一个月。

As such, the animals of Kaloch Mountain rarely ventured out during the winter season. Especially in the final month when the ice tornadoes were the most active.

    狮族兽人虽然偏爱肉食,但在食物匮乏时,也会吃素。

Although lion beastmens like to eat meat, they would also eat vegetables when they were low on food.

    为了度过寒季,尚可在自己的屋子旁边开出了几片菜地,移栽了采一些可食用的野菜、野果和药草。他没有在部落附近发现田地,说明他们并不擅长种植。

In order to survive the winter months, Shang Ke started to plant a couple fields around his house. He transplanted edible wild vegetables, fruits and herbs. He did not find any fields around the tribe’s territory, which meant they were not good at agriculture.

    在百炼空间中学习种植时,尚可的第一课就是辨识各个世界的常见植物,光这一课便用了不少时间。虽然他学的只是一种技能,却需要掌握不同世界的物产知识,这也是他为什么每次学习都要花上好几年的原因。当然,这个时间是经过百炼空间压缩的,他自己并没有感觉时间的流逝。