Chapter 195: Let's Run, Fox (XI)

The food problem was basically solved, and the tribe swept away the previous depressed atmosphere and began to actively prepare for the winter.

    尚可白天打理菜园,腌制蔬菜,酿制果酒,缝制兽皮。穆图将自己的私产全部交给了尚可,包括的食物、兽皮以及各种贵重金属和珍稀矿物,俨然将他当作自己的内助。等过完寒季,他便打算正式向长老申请登入名录,与尚可建立家庭。

Shang Ke managed the garden during the day. He pickled vegetables, brewed fruit wine and sew animal pelt. Mutu gave all his private property to Shang Ke, including food, animal pelt, precious metals and rare minerals, regarding him as his internal helper. After winter, he intended to formally apply to the elders to log in to the directory to establish a family.

    虽然狮王选择和雄性建立家庭有些少见,但在这个时代,兽人对于雄性之间婚姻还是认可的。毕竟狮王并非世袭制,只要有这个勇气和实力,谁都可以挑战狮王。

Even though it was rare for a Lion King to establish a family with a male partner, in this era, beastmen still approved of the marriage between males. After all, the title of Lion King was not hereditary. Anyone could challenge the Lion King if they had the courage and strength.

   “狐狸!”穆图穿着一身毛毛的裘皮风风火火地走进房间,大步来到尚可面前,笑得贼兮兮的。

“Fox!” Mutu came into the room wearing a furry coat and strode to Shang Ke, laughing like a thief.

    尚可奇怪地看了他一眼。

Shang Ke gave him a strange look.

    穆图从怀里掏出一件东西,尾巴一摇一晃地说:“送给你。”

Mutu took something out of his arms and shook his tail, “For you.”

    他手上拿的是一条挂坠,形状像一个小葫芦,呈牙白色,小巧可爱。

He was holding a pendant in his hand. It was shaped like a small gourd and was bone white, looking small and lovely.

    尚可接过来仔细看了一下,发现这是一件用兽骨雕成的骨笛,虽然造型简洁,但全手工磨制,光滑细腻,显然花费了不少精力。

Shang Ke took it and looked at it carefully. He found that it was a gudi flute carved from animal bones. Although the shape was simple, it was hand-made, smooth and delicate. It was obviously made with great effort.

    “这是我亲手做的骨笛,以后你想叫我,就吹这个笛子,我一定马上就到。”穆图拍着胸脯表示。

“This is a bone flute I made myself. If you want to call me, play this flute. I will definitely come immediately.” Mutu pounded his chest as he talked.

    尚可沉默:第一次碰到自己给自己做“狗笛”,还做得如此天然不做作的大家伙……

Shang Ke was silent: This is the first time I met a big guy (the dog) who made a flute (dog whistle) for me (the dog’s owner) and made it so naturally and unpretentiously…

SnowTime TL: This is a hard to explain joke kinda thing. I tried to reword it in a way without too much hassle. The joke works the other way around as well, it’s double meaning because foxes are also part of the Canidae family which is basically the dog’s cousin. Aka Shang Ke (the dog) got a flute (dog whistle) from Mutu (the owner) is the alt meaning.

   他愉快地收下了这份礼物,将它挂在自己脖子上,抬头见某人正一脸闪耀地望着他,尾巴摇得分外欢实。

He happily accepted the gift, hung it around his neck, and looked up to see someone looking at him with a shining face and his tail wagging very joyfully.